20- Keeping Secrets

I sit on the coach rubbing my temples.

"Fucking hell." I mutter. The pain in my head increasing. Flashes of last night flicker in my hazy mind. Drinks, Angel, a stage. I groan.

When I woke up this morning I went looking for Angel, but to no ones surprise he wasn't here. I need to ask him about last night, maybe he'll have I little more insight as to what happened. The last thing I remember is ordering a shit ton of their strongest liquor, after that? Hazy flashes.

I sigh and close my eyes. I try to get a small nap in to ease my headache but my ears twitch at the sudden presence of radio static.

"God fuckin damn it!" I moan. My head starts pounding, pain increasing as the static fills my ears. My ear flatten themselves against my head trying to block out the noise to no avail. I wanted so desperately to use my magic and ease the pain but I couldn't with Alastor right there.

I feel the cushions dip as Alastor sits next to me. "How are you this fine morning (Y/N)?" He asks.

I bite my tongue to keep my harsh remarks in. Who knows how he'd react if I blew up at him. I just groan in response. "Is there anyway you can turn off that horrid static? I feel like my head is gonna explode." I complain.

"My apologies my dear." And with that the static dies down. It's not completely gone but it is faint.

"Thanks." I mutter, still rubbing my temples.

"My dear you appear to be suffering from an extreme hangover."

"No shit Sherlock!" I snap. Wincing as pain blooms in my head once again.

"I could help." He says.

"How exactly can you help?" I ask him skeptically.

"With magic of course."

Magic?

He must be referring to his voodoo. I fight the urge to yell that magic and voodoo are not the same.

He beckons me closer. I tentatively scoot closer to the deer.

"Relax my dear I won't hurt you." He says.

I force myself to relax a bit. He places a hand on my forehead and like spreading mist, the pain leaves my skull. I sigh in relief.

"Thank you." I look into Alastor's red eyes. There's a spark of something in me but my thoughts are disrupted by the sound of the hotel door banging open.

I quickly move out of Alastor's space and turn towards the door.

"(Y/N)!" Angel shouts as he enters the hotel.

Thank satan my headache's gone or I would have killed Angel on the spot for being so loud.

"Angel where were you?" I ask, standing and crossing my arms.

"Do you really wanna know~" he asks smugly.

"On second thought don't answer that!" I say quickly.

"Hey (Y/N) wanna go fuck around down south?" He asks, "maybe blow some shit up?"

I panic for a moment. "No! We don't wanna piss of The Witch! She would destroy us!"

Angel gives me a confused look. I mouth to him 'play along'. He raises an eyebrow, "(Y/N) what are-"

I cut him off before he finishes that sentence. "I need to talk to you about last night." I start dragging him towards my room.

Alastor gives us a curious glance. I smile at him before disappearing down the hall to my room. I open the door and shove Angel inside, locking the door behind me.

That was too close.

"(Y/N) what are you doing?" Angel asks sitting on the bed.

I sigh. "Alastor doesn't know who I really am. If he finds out I'm an overlord who knows what'll happen. So he can't find out ok?"

"Didn't you kick his butt awhile back though?"

"Yeah?"

"So how does he not remember that?" Angel asks.

"Well I may have taken those memories away." I explain.

"So that's why he doesn't know you."

"Yeah and I'd like to keep it that way. He's been looking for me, but he doesn't realize I'm the one he's looking for, and I get the feeling if he finds out nothing good will happen."

"I get it. You're secret is safe with me."

I pull him into a hug. "Thanks Angel."

"Any time."

I feel my tail start to wag. Angel notices right away.

"Ooo who's a happy puppy?" He teases while patting my head.

I glare at him. "Touch my head again and I'll snap your fucking neck." I seethe, but my tail is still wagging.

He laughs and heads to the door. "You know you secretly love it~" he says opening the door. "See ya later puppy." He disappears down the hall.

I just stand in my room, my tail still wagging back and forth. I wait for it to slow down and stop before I head out of my room.

I did kind of like it. But I'll never tell him that.

-•*•-
Date- 7-25-2020
Words- 831

This chapter felt an awful lot like an AngelXReader, or was it just me? I promise I didn't mean it like that I just thought it'd be a nice little bonding moment between best friends.

Cya~