35- Goodbye

I sit on my bed in my room, listening as all the other inhabitants go to sleep. I'm leaving the hotel, I'm going home and I'm gonna stop who ever the fuck thought they could fuck up my life.

I move to my desk to write a note to Angel. I didn't tell him I was planning on leaving, I couldn't. How do you look your best friend in the face and tell them you're leaving? So here I am at my desk writing this letter.

Angel,

By the time you read this I won't be in the hotel. In fact I'll be long gone. I'm sorry you had to find out this way but I couldn't fight with you about this.

You probably want to know why I left and I'll tell you. I found a file about me in Alastor's room. I don't know if he's read it but I know if he does he'll know right away who I really am. So I can't stay here.

When he finds out I'm the Witch he'll probably try and kill me. I understand. I can say that if that happens I'm not sure how much I'll fight back. I love him, I don't want to hurt him, but I know I am hurting him by leaving. I'm hurting everyone by leaving and I'm so sorry.

Again I'm sorry Angel, but please don't come after me. I don't want you getting hurt too. I have to do this alone.

(Y/N)

P.s. don't show this to Al. If I'm to find who's really behind the attacks I can't have any distractions and he's my greatest distraction.

I fold up the paper and leave it on my desk while I get dressed.

Once I'm finished my shadow appears next to me

Everyone is asleep.

"Ok. Thanks." I pick up the letter and my bag. I take one last look around my room before heading out into the hallway. I make my way down to Angel's room.

I slide the paper under his door and stand back up. I walk down the hall towards the lobby, when I pass Alastor's room I pause for a moment.

"Goodbye, I love you." I whisper. I snap my fingers and I'm at my house.

I open the doors to my huge house and step in the vast foyer. My sigh echos throughout the empty house. Never before has my house felt so empty.

-Few weeks later-

There are bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep. My (E/C) eyes are dull and my (H/C) hair doesn't shine like it used to.

I've been all over the city and no matter how soon after the attacks I get there the imposter is gone. I have no clues, no leads, no ideas. And pretty much every overlord after me.

My magical barrier is the only thing that's keeping the angry demons from knocking down my door. My shadow comes and goes from the house, always informing me on the whereabouts of the fellow overlords. It is also the first one to inform me on new attacked locations.

-Back at the hotel-

Third POV

"Where could she have gone?" Charlie asks Angel.

"How the fuck am I supposed to know!?" He shouts back. The truth is Angel does know where (Y/N) is but telling them would give away her secret, so he doesn't say anything.

Alastor paces around the lobby. The deer hasn't had a second of sleep since (Y/N) went missing. He's sent shadow minions all over the city and they haven't found anything.

It was quite the shock for the hotel inhabitants to wake up in the morning, only to find her room empty and clean like (Y/N) had never been there.

Angel almost threw away (Y/N)'s letter, thinking it was just some fan mail. He stopped when he recognized her hand writing. He was mad and sad when he finished reading it. Mostly he felt betrayed, (Y/N) told him everything, for her to hide this information from him and then to just leave. It crushed him.

All of the hotel inhabitants are currently sitting around the tv listening to the news as a new attack is reported. The moment Alastor heard it was in his territory he disappeared from the lobby leaving everyone in silence while they watch the tv.

Your POV

New attack in Radio Demon territory.

I stand from my chair. "When?"

Minute ago.

I snap on my coat and teleport to the attack scene, staying to the shadows. I look around but I don't see anything new, just chaos and destruction.

I look around for clues, mostly intact cameras, but alas there is none not a picture or clip of the attack that happened here.

I kick a can in frustration and pull at my hair. "Grrrr!! FUCK!!!!" I yell. I punch the wall next to me, causing cracks to spider web all up the building.

I could always ask Lucifer for help but thanks to the new rumors that I want to over throw the king, that's not an option.

Radio Demon approaching.

"Shit!" I dash down the shadowy alleyway. I can hear his fast approaching footsteps.

"Come out and face me!" He shouts.

I run faster but I stop dead in my tracks.

Dead end?!? Fucking damn it!

Part of me wants to rush into Alastor's arms and have him tell me everything will be find. But the reality in me knows that choice is long gone.

I glance over my shoulder and see his glowing eyes and sinister smile.

"I'm sorry." I whisper before snapping my fingers and teleporting home.

I collapse onto the safety of my bed. "I can't fucking take this anymore!" I shout into the quiet of my room. That damned imposter always shows up causes chaos then disappears before anyone sees them.

Something that Alastor told me resurfaces in my mind.

"She shows up and then vanishes, like a shadow."

"Like a shadow...."

-•*•-
Date- 8-16-2020
Words- 1013

Hope you enjoyed!

Cya~