22- Cannibalistic Tendencies

Your POV

The kitchen is quiet, except for the sound of me cleaning and cutting the deer meat.

"This should last me a good long while." I hum.

I cook up some of the meat while bagging and storing the rest. Occasionally picking off and eating strips of raw meat.

When the food is finally finished I grab a plate and dish it out. I've made way more than I can actually eat, but I don't care, leftovers are always good.

I turn to grad some whiskey, because why not, when I run into the one and only, Alastor.

I sigh and look up at him. "Can I help you?" I ask.

"Well my dear, your cooking smelt quite divine and I was wondering if I could join you for breakfast." He says.

I have to do a double take. "You want you join me for breakfast?"

"Yes, that is correct. Is that ok?"

I look at the plate then back at him. "It's deer."

He doesn't respond, just looks at me with an amused grin.

"And you're a deer. Wouldn't that make you a-? Ya know what forget it." I throw up my hands and walk over to the cupboard and grab an extra plate. "Here." I hand him the plate. "Take as much as you want."

He takes it and sits across from my spot. I turn and start looking for the whiskey. I notice we're getting low on it. I curse under my breath. When I used my powers we'd never run out but now I think I may actually have to go out and buy some.

I grab a bottle and a cup and head back to my spot at the table. I notice there's a significant amount of meat gone from my plate. Of the two plates, Alastor's has more. I give a small huff of irritation, but I shake it off quickly since I was eating some while I was cooking.

I set the cup down and pour myself some of the whiskey. Alastor tilts his head as he watches me pour the whiskey. I look up am meet his gaze, then roll my eyes.

"Would you like some?" I ask.

I really don't feel like going back to grab another cup.

As if reading my thoughts, Alastor snaps his fingers and another cup appears. "I would love some my dear."

I shrug and pour some into his glass. I set the bottle between us and sit down. I start digging into my food. Only using my utensils because Alastor is here. I give off a hum of satisfaction.

Perfect like always.

Alastor seems to agree. "My dear this is simply amazing. Tell me who taught you to cook?"

I pause and finish chewing before I answer. "I'm self taught." I say confidently. "Who taught you to cook?" I ask remembering how he said he likes to cook.

"My mother did."

"Oh." I don't remember my mother, or anyone from my family. Wait no I remember my sister. I absentmindedly touch the locket around my neck. She's probably up in heaven wondering why she'll never see me again. I shake away the thoughts before Alastor can ask what's wrong.

I clear my throat. "So you're the one who's been in my venison stash." I say with joking accusation.

"Yeah."

"Honestly you were the last person on my suspect list." I laugh.

"And why is that my dear."

I mentally face palm. "I guess I just didn't figure you for a cannibal. I mean a deer eating deer, it's kind of unexpected. I mean I'm a wolf it's natural for me to like it.- aw shit I'm rambling again. Sorry."

What happened I never ramble. This is the second time I've gone off like this while talking to him. Why is this happening?

"That's all right dear. And I guess I was a fan of venison in my life so I'm still one in my death. Being a deer demon doesn't stop me from enjoying it."

"Oh. I never really liked it when I was alive. But now I get cravings for it. If I go to long without it I go crazy. It happened once." I look down, slightly ashamed.

"What happened?"

I take a deep breath and begin explaining.

-flashback-

I'm so hungry but I just ate. It wasn't venison though. My wolffish instincts are surfacing with such intensity. I'm craving deer, but there haven't been any in the woods.

Maybe a walk will clear my mind.

I step out the door and into the city. Demons scatter in my presence. All but one.

She must have been new. She just kept on walking. Almost bumped into me.

Deer like ears stuck out from her wild white hair. When she walked by I got a sniff of that tantalizing smell of deer.

I could barely hold on to my instincts anymore. I low growl escaped my throat. The deer turn and looked at me fear evident in her eyes. Then she ran.

But not fast enough. I dashed after her. My instincts breaking free. I chased her down and caught up to her. Then my mind when blank, her screams echoing in my mind.

When I finally realized what I was doing. There was hardly anything left of the doe. Just a bloody mass of bones and parts. I was covered in blood, and when I looked up the street was empty.

I glance back down at the mess I made and smiled at my new found discovery. Later that night I went on a hunt. Killing more deer demon.

-flashback end-

I finished my story, leaving out the ending and the fact that I'm an overlord.

"I felt so awful. She used to be a human. She had a family. Sure she was in hell, but still." I finish with fake sadness.

Alastor's POV

She's hiding something. Something in her eyes tells me she's not completely sorry for what she did.

Who are you exactly, miss (Y/N)? I do hate liars.

-•*•-
Date- 7-26-202
Words- 1016

Hope y'all enjoyed!

Cya~

Predator and Preyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें