32- Breaking News

My mind is a mess, I don't even know how to process the information on the screen.

I didn't!

Wasn't me!

"Rumors are also surfing that The Witch is planing on taking over all the territory in Pentagram City." Katie continues.

Great now someone is spreading fucking rumors about me. What the hell!?

"So far attacks have happened in the east and west sides. One attack coming dangerously close to the Radio Demon's territory."

I glance over at Al. He seems tense, his smile looks sinister and his antlers seemed to have grown in size a bit.

"Could this be the start of an overlord war? More news and facts after the break!" The tv switches to ads once again.

I need to find out who is parading as me and put a stop to them. I know I'm not the one behind these attacks. I notice my shadow in the corner of the room, arms crossed and looking upset.

Avoiding eye contact with everyone at the table, I stand and excuse myself. I quickly make my way to my room, locking the door behind me as I enter.

"What happened?" I ask my shadow, it only shows up at the hotel when something happened. "And if you say the attacks, I already know."

Overlord Vox was at your house, demanding your presence.

My eyes widen.

Fuck! This isn't good.

"Did you say anything to him?"

No. He's asking around for you but no one knows where you are.

"Good. I don't want him finding me here, not in front of Al."

All three are looking for you.

"Great! I guess just keep me posted on their whereabouts and progress."

My shadow is about to object when I snap my fingers, causing it to disappear.

Why do I have the feeling that this is only the beginning of something big?

I can't help but think back to what Katie said. An overlord war.

And they'd all be against me.

I groan and rub my temple.

That would be a fight I couldn't win.

-two weeks later-

Alastor has increasingly grown more and more tense these past weeks. He's also been avoiding me some what. He's telling me to stay in the hotel and when ever I offer to go out, he shoots the idea down right away.

I get that he's trying to protect me, but I am more than capable of handling myself....

On second thought maybe it would be best if I just stay in the hotel.

Today the first attack in Alastor's territory happened. He left to try and find The Witch, to put an end to this.

While I've been basically trapped inside the hotel I've tried to find out who could really be behind the attacks. I've come up with nothing. Not a clue as to who would want to pose as me and destroy other overlord territories.

A knock on my door pulls me from my thoughts. I quickly shut my notebook and shove it in my desk, then I make my way to the door. Angel is on the other side.

"Can I help you Angel?" I ask.

"It's not you is it?" He asks in a whisper.

I grab his hand and pull him in my room, locking the door behind us.

"Of course it's not me! I've hardly left this stupid hotel! Al won't let me leave." I grumble at the last part.

"Well who is it then if it's not you?"

"I wish I knew." I sigh and sit on my bed. "I'm scared Angel. I'm so scared." Tears prick my eyes and start slowly falling down my cheeks. "He'll kill me. If he finds out who I really am he'll kill me!"

Angel pulls me into a hug. I burry my face in his chest fluff, sobbing my eyes out.

"Pup if he really loves you, he'll listen to what you say."

"Not if we don't stop the real face behind these attacks. The more that happen in Al's territory the angrier he gets." I pull away wiping my eyes.

"Just let it play out. Soon Al will find the imposter and end them. And if you've been here during all the attacks he'll have no reason to suspect you."

I take some deep breaths, trying to calm my racing heart. "But I can't keep lying to him. He'll find out one way or another if this keeps up."

I stand from my bed and make my way to my door. I can feel the heavy static in the air, signaling Al's return to the hotel. "I better go calm him down."

Angel joins me at the door. "Good luck pup."

I smile a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine." I turn down the hall, making my way towards the lobby, towards Alastor. "Al would never hurt me." I say to myself. I want so badly to believe those words, but I can't they're just hopeful lies created for my hopeless heart.

Alastor is pacing in the lobby when I enter. His smile is tense and antlers have grown. I boldly interrupt his pacing by grabbing his hand and massaging it. He stops and everything seems to go back to normal.

"Didn't find anything I'm guessing." I say softly, while still rubbing his hand.

"She shows up and then vanishes, like a shadow."

I sigh, "you'll find her eventually." A slight tremor runs down my spine after I say that.

This of course does not go unnoticed by Al. "Are you all right my dear?"

"I'm scared." I answer truthfully. Of what you'll do. I finish the thought in my mind.

"Don't be my dear." He lifts my chin so I'm looking into his ruby eyes. "As long as I'm here that witch won't hurt you."

I smile a little and nod. "My night in shining red." I laugh, trying to lighten the mood. To my dismay it doesn't work as well as I had hoped.

In his eyes I can still see the stress getting to him. I start pulling him towards his room.

"Darling what are you doing?" He asks.

"You need to get your mind off of that witch and relax before you decapitate an innocent demon." I says.

"Too late my dear."

I roll my eyes, even though I can't see his face I know he's smirking.

"Also you've been avoiding me so you need to make up for it." I say.

"What did you have in mind my dear?" He asks as we reach the door to his room.

I smile a sweet and innocent smile before opening the door.

Might as well make the most of the time I have before he's trying to kill me.

-•*•-
Date- 8-11-2020
Words- 1127

I'm not ready for the next chapter but I'll write it anyways.

Also the end is near! I have the next chapters all planned out till the end and honestly I'm ready to finish this book! Because I have so much more planned. *insert evil laughter* (it's not all bad I promise)

Cya~