Time to grow up

Ally almost seemed concerned. When she'd asked what Camila's plans for the weekend were, she did not anticipate Camila's response to be "research".

"Research for what?"

"The Jauregui's." Camila said simply. They were hanging out in Camila's apartment after their Friday shift.

"This has become an obsession Mila."

"Thought you said you were my partner?" Camila pouted. Ally grinned and sipped her beer.

"I am. And as your partner I'm saying, honey, you have an obsession." Ally laughed as a small pillow smacked into her face and Camila's pout turned into a scowl.

"I just want their criminal asses in prison."

"Uh huh, sounds like an excuse to see a certain green eyed heiress." Ally snickered.

"Heiress?"

"Charlie mentioned that there was talk on the street, Lauren's next in line to be boss. Not her brother." Ally explained with a raised eyebrow. "Somehow you've got attached to the heir of the Jauregui crime family."

"I am not attached." Camila deadpanned.

"Right, and that's not a wall soon to be filled with research." Ally said, nodding to the new cork board hanging behind the sofa.

"Shut up." Camila mumbled, hiding a smile behind her beer bottle.

----

"You are so lucky I won't tell your father about that." Lucy said with an unamused smile. Lauren winced as she unlocked her apartment.

"I'm sorry for dragging you over here." Lauren mumbled as they entered, Dinah and Normani already lounging on her sofa.

"I have a penthouse in Manhattan, and yet I spend most of my time in Brooklyn saving your ass." Lucy said airily, waving to Dinah and Normani before turning to Lauren.

"I know, and I appreciate it. A lot." Lauren said, making sure to look Lucy in the eyes as she did so.

"You better. If you're not careful your dad will get tired of it and I won't be able to help you Laur." Lucy said softly. "He did it with Chris and trust me, he'll do it with you too."

Lauren frowned, she'd always wondered why Chris got busted a few years back. She assumed he'd got too sloppy that even Lucy couldn't bail him out. She'd never questioned why he had a different lawyer at his release hearing.

"Got it." Lauren mumbled.

"Stay away from that cop. And keep it in your pants Jauregui." Lucy said, pressing a lingering kiss to Lauren's cheek before heading out.

"God when will you two just fuck and get it over with?" Dinah groaned. Lauren felt her cheeks heat up and she cleared her throat.

"So we're not talking about how I got busted?"

"Oh my god you two totally hooked up didn't you!" Normani cackled as Dinah handed her ten bucks.

"It was ages ago. And not what we're going to discuss." Lauren mumbled, grabbing herself a glass of whiskey before joining them in her living room.

"Cabello got you right?" Dinah said with a smirk.

"That girl can run, I'll give her that." Lauren sighed. Normani and Dinah exchanged a glance.

"Sure you didn't... slow down a little on purpose?"

"What? No." Lauren scoffed.

"Well we drove past your ass just as she slapped the cuffs on you, and seeing you bent over a car was more imagery than I ever needed in your relationship." Normani burst out laughing and sent Dinah into giggles as well.