Overturned, your honor

Lauren shifted her weight around while Camila struggled to come up with words. She glanced at the beer in her hand and took a sip, sighing at the familiar taste.

"God I missed alcohol. Prison hooch just isn't the same."

"Lauren- what..." Camila spluttered before shaking her head. "Did you break out of prison?"

Lauren laughed at that, snorting slightly before stepping closer.

"You think I'd break out and come straight to your door? I'm flattered. But no." Lauren smirked and glanced into the apartment behind Camila, nodding a hello to Ally. "Can I come in?"

"You- I- but-" Camila stopped and took a deep breath, snatching her beer back. "Sure." She stepped aside and let Lauren stroll into the room, gulping down her beer until only a few mouthfuls remained.

"Slow down Mila." Ally placed her beer on the kitchen counter and grabbed her jacket. "I'll be back in the morning. Try not to fuck her." She said lowly as she passed Camila with a grin.

Camila choked on the beer before quickly swallowing it, casting a glance over at Lauren as the door swung shut.

"Feels weird being here again." Lauren said, tucking her hands into her pants pockets. Camila suddenly realised that Lauren was in a suit, the same suit she's arrested her in. The same suit a few X-rated dreams had featured.

"Why are you here- no actually how are you here?" Camila asked, leaning against her kitchen counter with a sigh. Lauren, in turn, leaned on the counter across from her, having stolen Ally's barely touched beer.

"I made a deal with the Warden." Lauren started. "If I got him crippling information on Eilish's trading system, he'd get my case overturned. The prison cares more about what goes on inside than whatever damage I could do out here."

Camila scoffed at that, finished her beer and promptly pulled out a bottle of rum.

"Do go on." She muttered, struggling to open the bottle.

Lauren shook her head, placed her beer down and moved to stand next to Camila. She gently took the bottle from Camila's hand and opened it. Camila swallowed and opened a cupboard, grabbing a glass before holding it out to Lauren. She carefully poured the rum into the glass, her eyes barely leaving Camila's.

"I got the info and the Warden convinced the court to overturn my case and let me out early. They would've put up a bigger fight had the initial charge been less... frivolous." Lauren explained quietly.

Camila bristled and sipped her rum.

"Excuse you, I worked hard to get that to stick." Camila shot back. Lauren laughed softly and shook her head.

"I know. Doesn't change the fact it was easy to overturn." Lauren muttered, her eyes roaming over Camila's figure. "Besides, I agreed to still do my community service, so they don't give a damn."

Camila held out her glass and Lauren poured again. She tugged at her tie and let it hang looser around her neck.

"When'd you make this deal?" Camila whispered.

"Around my halfway point." Lauren replied, moving Camila's glass from her hand to the counter, their fingers brushing against one another. Camila felt her breath catch quietly.

"Took a while for it to come through then." Camila said, her voice hoarse as Lauren shifted closer, her fingers sliding up Camila's arm.

"Things got set back when I got stabbed." Lauren replied with a wince.

Camila didn't realise she'd moved until she felt Lauren flinch under her touch; her fingertips resting gently over Lauren's side, feeling a padded bandage stuck under her shirt.