1 day down, 516 to go

A/N: Things are definitely gonna be slow on the whole update front (like they weren't already) cos I'm back at uni and everything's tits up atm. So bear with me

----

"Don't you get bored of this whole routine?" Lauren sighed, kicking her feet up on the table and leaning back on her chair.

"This is only the second day Jauregui." Camila muttered, flipping through an open file.

"And you are yet to ask me anything." Lauren said with a stretch. "So come on, maybe I'll entertain you."

"Why were Hansen and Kordei heading over to Manhattan this morning?" Camila said suddenly, looking up from her file with a blank face.

"Probably visiting Lucy."

"She's here." Camila replied, tilting her head with a small smile playing at her lips. "Saw her on my way in."

"Luce is here?" Lauren felt her heart jump as her chair wobbled and she fell forward into the table.

"Mhmm. So where were your friends off to?

"I don't know."

"You're a Jauregui." Camila mused. "You guys run the tightest ship this side of the country. I find it hard to believe you've not got a single guard on your payroll already. In fact all I probably have to do is ask around."

"Okay maybe you're not that far off but as far as I know, my orders were to hold down the fort in Brooklyn." Lauren said, folding her arms across her chest. Camila narrowed her eyes at Lauren, tapping her finger against the table before folding up her file and standing up.

"I'll see you tomorrow Jauregui. Maybe you'll have more to tell me by then."

"Unlikely sweetheart." Lauren mumbled as Camila was let out by Beckett; Lauren nodded at her guard.

----

Lauren was about to knock on the glass for Beckett when the door opened.

"Lucy. What're you doing here?" Lauren asked with a smile. "Not that I'm complaining."

"I was up here for another case, figured I'd come say hi." Lucy replied, sitting across from her with a small smile. "That cop bothering you?"

"Oh no, she's a PI now." Lauren said with a shrug.

"A PI? And she's still investigating?"

"Someone probably hired her, doesn't matter for now." Lauren waved it off easily and watched Lucy as she relaxed again. "How's my family doing?"

"They're good. I think Tay's coming to visit you after school lets out." Lucy hummed. "Chris has surprisingly stayed out of trouble."

"That's a first." Lauren snorted. They fell into a comfortable silence, Lucy's hands reaching for Lauren's across the table.

"Laur-"

"We have to talk about it Luce." Lauren mumbled. "It's been driving me crazy."

"It was my fault. I- I shouldn't have kissed you." Lucy sighed, her eyebrows furrowing.

"I'm not saying it was a bad thing-"

"I shouldn't have. We've been here before Laur."

"We were kids." Lauren argued.

"I was in law school Laur."

"And I was busy breaking the law, what's your point? We've grown up Luce." Lauren huffed.

"Look, I shouldn't have kissed you." Lucy said firmly.

"And why not?" Lauren asked with a scowl.