Help me, or else...

A/N: I'll admit that my update schedule is lowkey shit but I am liking how this story is progressing

----

Camila was in shock. She had been staring at her cork board for hours, ever since she'd got home from the office.

Taylor Jauregui wants her help in bringing down her own sister. Camila was legitimately confused.

She hadn't touched the board in a month. A month had already passed and Camila had added nothing. But she also hadn't removed anything.

She tried to convince herself it was because she hadn't had a new case because of the protests but it wasn't. A part of her didn't want to pack away the case that had consumed her for the past six months.

So here she stood, a bottle of rum in one hand and her phone in the other.

It'd be so easy to check up on her through her old Sergeant. Santiago wouldn't hesitate to get back to her. Pros of leaving your job on good terms with everyone.

What she didn't understand is why the fuck the junior Jauregui wanted her help?

Blackbear, who refused to go by Matt due to the bad reputation Matt Healy had put upon those called Matt, had quietly told Camila that Taylor had requested her specifically to handle the case.

Camila groaned and chugged some rum, wincing at the burn in her throat. Now she had to figure out how to take down the Jauregui crime family without the resources of the NYPD.

Fuck.

There was a knock at her door and she ambled over to it, yanking it open without thinking.

"Uh..." Camila blanked as she stared at Taylor Jauregui on her doorstep, a hood pulled up over her face.

"Let me in?" Camila stepped aside and let her into her apartment, staring at the empty hallway for an extra beat before closing her door.

"What're you doing here?"

"We didn't get to talk about the case." Taylor hummed, glancing around the apartment curiously.

"Could've booked a meeting with me at the office." Camila sighed, rubbing her temple and moving to her kitchen.

"That's a bit tricky since I am a high school student. I don't have much free time outside of studying these days." Taylor huffed.

"Fine. Let's talk." Camila said, putting her half drunk rum and coke in the fridge with a wistful look. She walked back into the living room and gestured to the sofa. "What do you need from me?"

"Laur's power trip has got out of hand." Taylor muttered. "I'm sure you heard that she's challenged Matt Healy."

"She's what?"

"She wants to expand into his territory. Like I said, the power's gone to her head. And you need to stop her." Taylor said with a tight smile.

"Why me? Why not go to the cops? I know some people at the 99 who would be happy to help." Camila replied and began pacing in front of the sofa as Taylor leaned back into the cushions.

"Cops have to follow set rules. And they've kind of got their hands full at the moment." Taylor shrugged. "Look, as much as I don't like you... you're kind of my only choice right now."

"I don't know... this seems... unorthodox." Camila said carefully.

"Lauren's gonna get herself killed Cabello." Taylor said sharply, standing up and narrowing her eyes. "And if she does, I'll be blaming you. And when I hit 18 I'll takeover the business from whichever Jauregui Senior is running it, and I will hunt you down and make you pay."