half alive and living

A/N: i could've split this into two chapters but i cba and I wanted to move the story along quicker

----

Lauren decided to put a plan into action the following morning. Halsey had called her crazy, mostly out of concern that Eilish would drop kick her so far across the cafeteria, they would find a Lauren shaped hole in the wall.

She was half asleep but present enough to walk over to Eilish's table and sigh loudly.

"My contact says you're working an angle."

Eilish raised an eyebrow.

"Am I?"

"Probably." Lauren shrugged before leaning down into her space, speaking quietly into her ear. "And if you are, just so you know, most of the girls in here have got fucked over by Healy. So if you tried anything it wouldn't be hard to spread the word on his latest snitch."

Eilish's eyes widened slightly and she clenched her fists.

"Noted. Now get lost Jauregui."

Lauren continued on to join Halsey for breakfast with a smile on her face.

"You did not just threaten her." Halsey dropped her cutlery with a clatter and Lauren shrugged.

"Reminded her that she's not the only one with influence around here."

"God you're gonna get yourself killed." Halsey muttered with a chuckle.

----

One week later

Lauren tapped her foot against the floor.

Lucy was late.

Lauren's visitation time was being cut into severely by this.

She refused to admit she was twitchy because that meant less time with Camila later.

Lucy barrelled into the room, practically a flurry of panic.

"I got here as fast I could, what's happening?"

"I need you to get me a deal." Lauren said. Lucy slumped against the table.

"What? I thought this was a life or death situation."

"It might be." Lauren winced. "I lightly threatened Eilish and now I need a back-up plan."

"You what?"

"So I'm thinking you go to the warden, ask him if he needs someone to get some evidence on how to stop Eilish's little trade. I'll do it in return of a favour. And I think you know what the favour is." Lauren said, steepling her fingers in front of her face.

"What- Lauren- that's crazy." Lucy looked at her incredulously. "You want to volunteer to be a snitch?"

"Well I don't exactly plan on coming back here once my sentence is up. And my boys know that prison is a much different climate than the outside." Lauren reasoned. "Trust me, I know several of my guys who snitched on the inside to get out faster."

"But... are you sure about this?" Lucy took a deep breath, concern colouring her features.

"I'm sure. I thought about it a lot the last few days." Lauren rolled her neck and rubbed at her shoulder. "Eilish doesn't like being toyed with, which is exactly what I'm doing. This covers my ass."

"Lauren... I'll see what I can do. I'll have Beckett-"

"No. Call me." Lauren interrupted. "Eilish is watching me like a hawk trying to find my contact."