The Inside Man

A/N: may I just say... chris jauregui could get it.. this mans is... alright

----

For once Camila was not the one ranting.

Their routine had, up until this point, been: Camila working and/or complaining about the stupidity of some people with Lauren patiently listening and watching her work.

But today was different. Today Lauren had started ranting the second she'd entered the room.

"Can you fucking believe them?" She exploded. Camila froze and looked up sharply from her case file.

"Um."

"Hiring you to help me? Like what! Did they not even think to consider that you might be working for Healy? And what's that dick's deal? Messing with me while I'm in prison. That's just fucking low. Not to mention they didn't even tell me they were dating for six months, six whole months!"

Camila was getting whiplash in this rant. She folded her arms on the table and smiled in amusement as Lauren paced back and forth.

"And my God they've got no idea how fucking stir crazy I'm going from being in here! I've still got another year of this shit! Can't even visit my dad and see how he's doing, sure we talk every other day but it's not the same, ya know? Chris is out there doing who knows what and Tay, well Tay is fine as usual but she's hiding something, I can feel it."

Lauren finally paused to take a deep breath and she looked over at Camila.

"What's that look for?"

"What look?" Camila asked, her eyebrows twitching into a frown for a second. Lauren gestured towards her face.

"That... smile. It's weird. I've never seen it before."

"I find this very amusing." Camila said. "I've never seen you rant before. It's kinda funny."

Lauren rolled her eyes and huffed, putting her hands on her hips.

"Of course you find this funny." Lauren grumbled. "You're not off the hook by the way."

"What? What'd I do?" Camila's smile dipped into a frown. Lauren finally sat down and stared her down.

"Taking a job from my friends. What are you nuts? Helping me now?" Lauren said as though it was obvious.

"Uh, I have helped you before." Camila pointed out with a blink. "Back when I looked into Healy for you. Which I'd like to point out is not something someone working for him would do."

"But-"

"Nope. This place is making you paranoid." Camila interrupted with a grin. Lauren sighed and rested her forehead on the palms of her hands.

"Can you blame me?" She mumbled. "I got Eilish up my dick about everything. Not to mention now I'm worried about y-" Lauren cut herself off and looked up at Camila with a slightly confused smile.

That was new.

"She try anything last night?" Camila asked, looking down at her file to avoid Lauren noticing the clench in her jaw.

"Nah. Her shipments came in yesterday so she was preoccupied." Lauren replied absentmindedly.

Since when has she cared so much about Camila?

"Are you sure I can't do anything?" Camila asked quietly. Lauren shook her head and sighed.

"Nope. Nothing. It'll just make things worse." Lauren replied as softly. "I just wish I could do something, anything. I feel like everything's coming apart and I can't stop it."