Sincerity is scary

A/N: Heyyyooo, sorry for the slower updates, got uni work to deal with atm and assignments due basically every week until middle of december. but i'm gonna try and keep this flowing vaguely decently

----

Camila was pulled from sleep by the ringing of her phone.

She'd gone home after Blackbear had insisted; apparently not taking any days off for nearly ten months wasn't too good. He'd sent her home shortly after Lauren's appearance at the office.

Naturally she collapsed in her bed and was asleep before her head even hit the pillow.

She flailed for the offending device, noting the darkness now surrounding her room. She swiped the call and groaned.

"Hello?"

"Camz? I need you to know that I'm not gonna lay a hand on the guy. But this has to happen."

"Lauren?" Camila yawned, a deep frown settling on her features as she sat up. "What're you on about?"

"Mahone, he's gonna disappear. And trust me I don't like doing this. But I also want you to know... I'm not breaking my promise to you. I'm not going to lay a finger on him."

"What? Lauren, wait, what?" Camila rubbed her hands into her eyes and focused on the voice coming through the phone.

"I have to do this Camz. And if you believe me, and don't try and fuck me over the next time we meet, I'll give you the details of one of my uncles."

Camila paused at that before sighing.

"I believe you Lauren."

"Alright, I've gotta go. See you around Camz." The phone buzzed as Lauren hung up and Camila stared at the screen until it faded to black.

Finally. A new lead. But at the cost of a small moral.

Camila shrugged.

She could handle losing a couple morals when it came to Mahone.

----

Lauren pulled up the curb, her knuckles white on the steering wheel.

"You and the PI seem close." Madison said quietly. Lauren nodded, eyes watching the office building across the street.

"She was the one who put me away." Lauren muttered. Madison laughed at that, shaking her head when Lauren glanced over at her.

"Of course she was."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Lauren asked with a frown. Madison chuckled and leaned her head on the window.

"You don't strike me as the kind to go the easy route." Madison replied smoothly, bringing Lauren's attention around to her; eyes narrowed and lips pursed.

"And who exactly is the easy route here? You?" Lauren's eyes widened when Madison looked over at her, eyes roaming over her tight fitted suit before making eye contact again.

"If you want me to be."

Lauren's mouth dried the longer Madison watched her. There was movement from the corner of her eye and Lauren was glad for the distraction.

"You ready to fuck up Mahone?" Lauren asked after clearing her throat. Madison didn't reply for a second, instead regarding Lauren carefully.

"You positive your insurance will cover this?" Madison shot back as she rolled her neck and cracked her knuckles.

"Nope." Lauren grinned before throwing the car into gear and trailing behind Austin's own flashy Bentley.

Madison hummed and gripped the handle above the window.