Back to work

A/N: will things get angsty soon? quite possibly. will it be resolved quickly? most definitely. will camren happen anytime soon? unsure; flirting needs to happen still (yes still). will their getting together be emotional? most definitely ALSO yes i am in love with madison beer. fight me

----

Lauren hadn't even made it to her car when someone was calling her name across the garage.

"Yes?" Lauren turned on her heel and felt her jaw go slack at the gorgeous woman walking towards her.

"Hi, I'm Madison Beer." The woman held out her hand and Lauren acted on reflex, shaking it firmly before withdrawing her hand slowly.

"Right." Lauren said dumbly before shaking her head. "Bodyguard. Fuck, I totally forgot." Madison watched her with an amused smile.

"Somewhere you need to be?" Lauren looked between her car and Madison.

"Kind of." Lauren scrunched up her nose before gesturing to the car. "After you, I hope you're okay with breaking the law."

"Practically part of my resume." Madison responded heading for the car. Lauren grinned and tried to stop drooling over her bodyguard long enough to realise that she really needs to get laid.

----

Lauren could feel the smugness radiating through her body; there was just something so satisfying about sitting behind someone else's desk.

Madison was leaning against the desk, staring out the window to their left while Lauren just poked around the drawers.

The door opened and Austin walked in, looking down at his phone as he closed the door behind him.

"Hey there Austin."

Lauren took great pleasure in the way Austin flinched and his back collided with the door, phone skittering across the floor.

"Jauregui... I thought-" Austin stammered.

"Got out yesterday. I hear you're jumping ship?" Lauren said casually, resting her chin in her palm.

"What?" Austin paled considerably as Madison stood up straight.

"Healy won't fuck you up but he will fuck you over." Lauren warned. "I on the other hand..."

"I don't-" Austin gulped as Madison wandered closer to him, arms folded over her chest.

"Don't bullshit me Austin. Have you already forgotten what happens to those who betray me? Do you need a reminder?" Lauren snapped, rising from the chair and rolling up the cuffs of her jacket.

"No." Austin's voice cracked. "I'm not jumping ship."

"Are you sure? I have it on good authority that you're meeting with Healy tomorrow."

"Yes but-"

"There are no buts Austin. Why are you meeting him?" Lauren asked, nodding her head to Madison who pushed Austin against the door with a firm hand on his shoulder.

"We're just hanging out."

"With my competitor?" Lauren tilted her head and Madison dug her fingers into his shoulder harder.

"Ow- no I mean yes. But it's not- I would never."

"Oh I know. And I want you to remember that during your meeting." Lauren said with narrowed eyes.

"He'll kill me." Austin whimpered. Lauren moved around the desk and came to a stop in front of him. She grabbed him by the chin and tilted his head to the side with a tsk.