Uh oh... feelings

A/N: Ngl I'm really enjoying writing this atm. And I suddenly realised this is gonna be super long if I don't do some time skips

----

Four Months Later

Camila almost couldn't believe that it'd been over six months. Six whole months of daily visitation with Lauren.

She frowned as the thought crossed her mind; since when did she start referring to her as Lauren and not Jauregui. Her eyes slipped shut briefly; probably around the time she'd realised Lauren was human, and not the spawn of Satan.

With that horrifying realisation that she'd actually grown to tolerate- no, she'd actually come to enjoy the felon's company, Camila opened her eyes. Seconds later and the door rattled as it opened.

"Woah..." Camila's eyes widened as Lauren was led into the room. She sat down with a wince and leaned her arms on the table. Her jumpsuit was ripped in a few places and her t-shirt's white collar was stained a reddish-brown in spots.

"You should see the other guy." Her voice hoarse and weak. She cleared her throat and cracked a smile at Camila.

"Lauren... who.. What happened?" Camila reached across the table and took Lauren's hand in hers, checking over the bruises on Lauren's skin.

"Doesn't matter."

"Who?" Camila insisted, looking up at Lauren's eyes, noting the pale bruise around one of them.

"My competition doesn't appreciate me selling to her best customers. It's not a problem." Lauren shrugged before groaning quietly.

"Seems like a problem if that black eye is anything to go by." Camila muttered, leaning closer and brushing her thumb along Lauren's eyebrow.

"Yeah well, like I said, you should see her." Lauren muttered. "Besides, it's not exactly the first time."

"Wait... how long has this been going on?" Camila asked, blinking at Lauren and ignoring the tightness of her throat.

"I dunno, a while." Lauren let herself lean into Camila's touch. Camila slumped back into her chair and pursed her lips.

"How long?"

"Four months. It was just after all that stuff with Luce being blackmailed." Lauren sighed.

"Why haven't you done anything about it?" Camila whispered, her thumb brushing over the back of Lauren's hand.

"Right, guards are so keen on breaking up every little fight they hear about. And besides it's not like I can really fight back. I don't want to be in here any longer than I have to be." Lauren rested her head on her free hand and smiled tiredly at Camila. "I'm fine Camz."

"No the fuck you're not." Camila said lowly, her teeth clenching together as she stared down at the table.

"Camila-" Lauren said, her eyebrows shooting up to her hairline.

"None of this is okay. And it's my fuckin' fault. I got so caught up in wanting to be good that I forgot prison is hell incarnate." Camila snapped, she balled up her fists and winced at the slight pain from her blunt nails against her palms.

Lauren's hands curled around Camila's and slowly unfurled her fingers, pressing her fingertips onto Camila's palms gently.

"You're not the one who beat me up Camz." Lauren said seriously. "I got here through my own actions. If I hadn't been so careless in the last few years and had Luce make empty promises, I wouldn't be here."

Camila thought it over for a second before a small smile crossed her lips.

"Yeah you would, I'd have found another way to arrest you." Camila muttered. Lauren rolled her eyes with a huff.