Chapter 13

The Pandavas moved towards her, they couldn't believe their eyes, just as they were about to moved towards her, disbelief marring their faces as they looked at her, she had a smile on her face, Arjun was first to snap out of his stupor as he moved towards her, his eyes meeting hers, Panchaali' eyes filled with tears as she looked at him, his heart jolted as he looked at her, tears stung in his eyes but this time they were of joy, he moved forward, her heart beating in anticipation as he covered the distance between the two of them, he was itching to touch her, to feel her skin under his finger tips, to see her blush, things that he wasn't sure he will ever be able to do with her, his hand moved to touch her soft skin, a tear rolling down his cheeks, Dhrishtadyumn's fingers wrapped around his wrist, his face hardened with fury as he looked at him, "You men have no right to touch my sister!" He shouted as he glared at them, his face hardening, "She is my wife." Arjun stated, "the one you failed to save!" He spat, "She is no one to anyone here, not one of you! I trusted you all to keep her safe and what did I see when I return? Her dead body! She will no longer be staying here with any of you!" Shouted Dhrishtadyumn, the brother in him coming roaring out, "But.." Yudhisthir began but was cut off as a wall of fire blazed around Dhrishtadyumn and his family, "I am the fire born princes, I don't want to talk about this to any of you." He snapped, his anger had no bounds as he looked at the pandavas, "Bhraatashree please." Panchaali whispered, fearing filling her voice as she looked at him, "Why are you so angry?"  She whispered as tears filled her eyes, "You stay out of this choti, enough has been done and said, you are leaving with us!" He stated as he wrapped his hand around his wrist and began pulling her, "but bhraata.." he refused to listen to all her protests as the fire wall made a division on either side of him preventing anyone from getting closer as he pulled her out.

She turned her eyes meeting the pandavas, tears filled in her eyes as she silently begged them to do something they however knew, no one could stop Dhrishtadyumn in this moment, they themselves were brothers, so they understood the pain and fear that Dhrishtadyumn felt for his sister, they gave her a nod, silently promising them that everything will be fine, that they will come for her, their hearts hurt as they watched tears roll down her cheeks making their hearts clench in pain, they forced a smile on their faces as they looked at her, assuring her that they will fix everything. . .

***

"Arya why did you let her go?" Subhadra asked vexed, she wasn't able to understand why would they let her go so easily, she hadn't even got a chance to look at her carefully and he had whisked her away,  "Yes arya, she now our family." Vrishali said as she looked at her husband, "Bhabhishree we wanted to stop her too but we need to take into consideration the feelings of her family too." Nakul stated as he looked at the women of his family, "And what about our family?" Questioned Vijaya, "They are her family." Sehdev stated, "And what are we? Strangers Arya?" Vijaya questioned as her husband looked at her, with a serious expression on his face he moved towards his wife, he kept his hands on her shoulders as he looked at her, "We will get her back." He assured her as he pressed his lips to her forehead, "But when?" Devika questioned, tears filling her eyes as she looked at her husband, tears were filled in her eyes as her heart thudded with pain, he looked at her and smiled at her with tears in his eyes, he cupped her cheeks, his face a mask of pain, "I will get her back." He whispered as he pressed his lips to her forehead, his arms wrapping around her waist as she broke down crying in his arms.    Subhadra shook her head as she looked at her husband, her heart was hurting as tears filled her eyes, she didn't even get to look up at him. Didn't they understand, she had to see her, she sighed, "When will you all get her back and how?" Questioned Hidimbi as they looked at her, "Soon we'll be leaving for Panchaal." Nakul said as his eyes met with his brothers who nodded agreeing to his words. They'll get her back. . .

The time seemed to have stopped as Panchaali sat in her room, her eyes held tears as she sat in the swing, her feet moving back and forth with the motion of the swing, her mind was in chaos, dying and now coming back to life.

Life has been chaos since the day she had left Panchaal, so many twists and turns and now she was married, not to one but six men. The entire Panchaal was talking about her, not just Panchaal but the entire Aryavart, she pretended that she didn't hear or didn't notice the looks of the city men and women, some looked at her with disgust, others with pity.

Comments like wh*re were whispered every now and than, just one decision on someone else's behalf and her entire life had been thrown in shambles. She could still hear the wh*re word reverberating through her mind making her heart squeeze. What had she done to deserve that comment? Her father's and brothers' heads were forever bowed in shame because of her, people were questioning their nurturing, calling her father names. People in Panchaal didn't want her to be staying in the palace.

Tears traced down her cheeks as she could hear the sound of the people, who had gathered out in front of the palace and were shouting their dissatisfaction with the decision of their king to bringing back such a wh*rish daughter back.

Her father and brothers were doing their best to control this rebels as peacefully as possible, her mind was spinning as her heart thundered violently in her chest, she always wanted to be the reason of her father's pride, her brothers joys and this is what she had given them in the exchange of all the love and care that they had showered on her? As a daughter, she too like all the others out there tried her best to always make her family proud, to be the reason for her father's happiness but now she was nothing but a liability, he will never say that, none of them would but she could feel it. She was slowly becoming a liability on everyone, her father, her sister, her brother, her husbands too, people would surely make fun of the pandavas for all the decisions they had to make, how can she let this happen? How can she be the reason of shame and pain for so many people, she slowly got up from the swing, her heart breaking and thundering with pain as she moved towards the balcony.

"There's the wh*re!" Shouted one of the men from the thousands and thousands people, who had gathered in front of the palace, torches in their hands, their faces a mask of anger and disgust, "leave the pure land of Panchaal you wh*re!" They shouted, her heart shredding with pain, this were the people whom she had always considered family and this were the people who were now humiliating her. They said slogans and threw many curse words.

Their anger boiled as one one of them picked up a stone and threw at her, pain shot through her skull as warm sticky liquid trailed down her face, her hand moved to her head as she stumbled back, many more rocks followed the first one, hitting her at various parts of the body, her ears ringed with a high pitched beep as hot blinding pain ran through her body as dark spots appeared in her sight before she lost herself to the darkness. . .

****

DO VOTE AND COMMENT!

****