Chapter 31

The pandavas heart thumped in fear and pain as Sehdev finally had her sedated, the sudden panic attack and her blubbering had made it clear that she had heard them. Pain shredded through them, her screams and cries still reverberating through their minds as they watched her sleep. The door to her room was pushed open, revealing a grim looking Krishn, surprise and hope ran through the pandavas as they looked at Dwarkaadeesh standing at the door. "Madhav!" Arjun was first to snap out of his haze shock and pain induced haze as he rushed towards Krishn.

 "Madhav!" Arjun was first to snap out of his haze shock and pain induced haze as he rushed towards Krishn

He embraced his best friend, who wrapped his hands around him. "Everything will be fine Paarth." He assured, "How Madhav? She's in so much pain." Arjun's voice wobbled, his agony threatening to over power him. "Vasudev." The five brothers greeted their hands joined, eyes shone with agony as they looked at him. "My dear pandavas whatever happens in this world, happens for a reason. Every painful incident sets the base of something more positive and better." The soothing words of Krishn lessened the pain in their hearts, his majestic presence assuring them, he was here everything will be fine. What could go wrong? When Krishn himself was here?

"Have faith in God and let your pains be transferred to him." He stated, making them all nod, weight of the pain that earlier crushed them was now replaced by a serene calmness. "I want to be with my sakhi." He whispered making them nod, "and yes it's time you tell your wives of things that had trespassed here." He whispered making the six nod, they gave one final look to Panchaali who laid unconscious, a sigh leaving their lips, Krishn would handle everything, he would know what to do, they thought as the six left, closing the door behind them.

Krishn's gaze moved to Panchaali, a sad smile appearing on his face as he walked up to her, in calm unhurried steps, a smile on his face as he looked at her. He was very aware of the pain that thrummed through her, the weeping soul of her mother in her tugged at his heart, he was well aware of her pain, he sighed, if only he could alter the fate, he wished as he sat next to her, her fingers running through her hair, combing through her long strands in a calm unhurried pace, as he shut his eyes, he let his calm and soothing energy loose as he combed his fingers through her hair, at a leisure pace, a golden light surrounded them, he couldn't take all her pain completely but he could make it bearable, make her strong enough to deal with this pain, he ran his fingers through her hair at an hurried pace setting a soothing and calming speed, the warm energy thrummed through him, moving through his fingers and deep in her, lighting through the darkness of pain in her heart, healing the cracked soul, fabricating the pain, a tear rolled down his cheek as his heart throbbed in his chest while he continued to absorb her pain, his calm and serene energy for her soul wrenching agony, a trade that held no benefit for him but he could do anything for the once who held faith in him,and she held that fate.

The glow pulsed before diminishing, he opened his eyes, gulping the pain as he looked at her, tears burning in his eyes. "Sakhi." He called breaking the unconscious spell, he gave her a watery smile as she blinked her eyes open looking up at him with surprise, she sat up before throwing her arms around his neck and began crying, she didn't say anything, she never needed to, he understood her without the need of words, he wrapped his arms around her as he sat back against the headboard, his hand running through her hair as she sobbed on his chest letting all the pain lose, letting everything out as he held her while she broke in his arms. Letting her cry, holding the mother who was deprived of her motherhood. Time passed, her sobs turned to sniffles as she laid in his arms, running his hand through her hair. "Will this pain ever end?" She asked sounding broken, "have faith sakhi. Everything will be fine." He promised, she looked up at him, a confused look on her face, "How will it?" She asked, her voice broken as he looked at him, he gave her a calm smile, "Everything will be fine, just wait and watch." He said cryptically looking down at his best friend, "trust me when I say that one day I'll be naming the children you give birth." He whispered with a smile as She looked up at him, her heart thrummed with pain and happiness as she sat up, "Don't give me false hope Govind." She chocked the words out, fear and agony struck her heart every time she thought about the possibility of having children, she feared to wish, slowly though painfully she was accepting the curse that fate had gifted her, snubbing all the flames of hope and dreams that she once had in her heart. "When have I ever lied to you?" He said with a calm smile, "Just see in a few years you would be complaining to me about my niece and nephews,chewing my ears out because of theirs mischievous." He teased with a naughty smile on his face, she looked at him, her heart thrumming with hope, eyes watering as she looked up at him, "My..my children?" She asked, her voice wobbly, her throat tightened, "this is not some joke is it Krishn?" She asked looking up at him, hope and fear lacing her words, Krishn shook his head, his eyes watery as he looked at her, "No my Krishnaa, never. Krishn would never make such a cruel joke to his Krishnaa." He whispered as he ran his hand through her hair, making her blink, tears traced her cheeks as the pad of his fingers touched her cheeks rubbing away the tears, "Smile Krishnaa." He whispered a smile on his face as he ruffled her hair, she giggled, her heart easing, trusting the man in front of her, he had given her one hope, and she was determined to hold strong on it, Krishn could never lie to her, he wouldn't make such a joke, he wouldn't do that to her. . .

***

The river of time flowed, the Pandavas had made a seventh kingdom Indraprasth, as the capital of all their six kingdoms, the six kings lived there happily with their seven wives. Time had passed the five wives, except Panchaali and Hidimbi had given birth five healthy baby princes, Indraprasth was filled with happiness and joy, celebrating the birth of the five princes. Happiness was everywhere, Panchaali organised huge celebrations as her joy knew no bound, she was now the mother of six sons, though she hadn't birthed them, she had loved each one just as her own.

"Mata no!" The two year old Suhotr, Sehdev's son, who whined, Panchaali rolled her eyes, "you need to have it, just one more bite." She said pushing the bite through his unwilling lips making him pout. "But mata!" Abhimanyu was no better, he didn't want to eat either, "I'm full!" Niramaitr, Nakul's first born whined, "So am I!" Yaudhey, Yudhisthir's son stated adamantly.  "mata I'll eat more later!" Vrishsen, Karn's son said, trying to persuade their mother to let her go. She rolled her eyes, for two years old this five were certainly smart, "Bhraata tell mata!" They said looking at Ghatotkach, who raised his hands in the air looking at the five, "Keep me out of this! I am not getting in between you all and mata!" He said before disappearing in thin air, she smiled looking at them, "Now if you all are done with your antics let's begin with eating!" She said making them all groan as she smiled at their antics. . .

***

DO VOTE AND COMMENT!

***