Chapter 44

"Mata come catch me!"Abhimanyu  exclaimed as he ran around the garden, giggling and laughing, as Panchaali ran behind him, laughter ringing throughout the garden. "Abhimanyu come here! Finish your milk!" She bit back her laughter as she ran behind her, her heart filled with joy as she raised her hand to wrap around his back, but he slipped away. "I am the son of Gandivdhaari Arjun mata it is not so easy to catch me! Come get me mata!" He exclaimed, as he teased, he loved to make his Panchaali mata run behind him, his gaze fell on the small gate that would lead him to the forest behind, his eyes shined with mischief as he gazed at the door, an idea ignited in his mind as he looked back at his mata.

"Follow me mata!" He shouted excitedly as he pushed himself to run towards the forest, Panchaali's eyes widened as she saw his son run towards the back door of the gardens, her heart hammered in her chest wildly as she looked at them. Her heart was thumping wildly, as she gazed at the unlocked gate.

"Abhimanyu no!" She shouted as she ran behind her, worry intensifying in the pit of their stomach, who had kept that gate unlocked, wasn't it always locked? Who knows what was there? Worry filled him as she ran behind him, the glass of milk still in her hand, "Putr! Stop!" She warned him as she ran behind him, her heart thrummed in her chest wildly as she ran behind him, he giggled playfully as he turned around and looked at his mother and giggled. "Come mata come!" He ran further as he ran into the forest, making Panchaali's breath hitch, she ran behind him, her feet hitting the ground as the leaves crunched under her feet.

"Mata!" Abhimanyu shouted as he hid behind the trees, his hand wrapping around his mouth, to not let the laughter pass through his lips, he looked at her, a smile on his lips. He looked at her hiding from behind the tree, he gazed at her, a smile on his lips. "Mata!" He called as he gazed at her from behind the trees, "Abhimanyu come out where are you?!" She called as worry filled her, her hackles rose as she felt someone move behind her, she swirled around her heart thumping in her chest wildly as she gazed around, terror filled her heart while her eyes moved around, a dark shadow moved around again making her heart jerk in her chest.

A heavy feeling filled the air making her heart thrum, worry filled her, "Abhimanyu! It's no longer funny putr come here!" She shouted, concern pooling in her chest as she gazed around, her heart filling with dread as she heard  a loud scream fill the air. "Abhimanyu!" She shouted as dread filled her, eyes filling with tears as dread filled her soul, the thought of something happening to her had her heart thrumming.

She ran into the forest, the glass of milk falling off her hand and shattering behind as she ran towards him, "mata!" She heard his panicked calling making her run harder, worry driving her crazy as she ran deeper into it, "Abhimanyu!" A panicked shout left her mouth as she screamed seeing her son captured in a net and hanging off the ground, her heart thrummed wildly, it was a net used by hunters, "Abhimanyu! Putr!" She shouted as she walked ahead, "Mata get me down!" He called panicked, trying to hide his panic, tears filled her gaze as she looked up at him, dread had her heart squeezing painfully as her heart trumped, "Don't worry putr I'll get you down!" She said, tears escaping her eyes, Abhimanyu's heart thumped painfully as he saw his mother cry, he could see anything, could bare anything but could never tolerate tears in her eyes, he pushed a smile on his face as he swallowed his fear, his hand gripped the net as the two year old looked down, "mata I am fine, see I am even smiling please don't cry." He called out, trying to sound happy as he gazed at her, she looked up at him, "Abhi I'll get you down putr, don't worry!" She repeated, her heart thrumming painfully, as the mother in her clawed to come out, the instinct to protect her child had her heart thrumming painfully fast as adrenaline pumped through her body, she looked around, her body on high alert as she felt the air behind her shift, she moved around just to see an arrow come sailing in the air and pierce in the ground where she stood moments ago, her heart thrummed painfully as her body went in an high alert.

The arrow made a circle of fire around the ground below Abhimanyu, her instincts screamed trouble as she gazed at the man, anger feeling her as she glared at him, he glared back at her, the man was a huge bluff one, he was an asur, dressed in complete black a cruel smirk on his face as he glared arrogantly towards Panchaali.

"What is a beautiful woman like you doing in my forest?" He called gruffly, a smirk on his face as he gazed at her, her heart thrummed with terror but the mother in her refused to budge, she glared at him fiercely, "Let my son down!" She said calmly, the underlying threat in her words didn't go unnoticed by the asur as he glared at her, "That is my food!" He shouted as he pointed at Abhimanyu, his red eyes glaring a hole in Panchaali. "Before you touch him you have to pass through me! I won't let you touch my son!" She growled angrily, her   voice shouting angrily as she glared at the person ahead of her, she stood there wanting to tear the man who posed a threat to his child, she will protect her son at every cost, even if it meant killing this man, than she wouldn't hesitate.

He laughed as he looked at her, laughing harder and harder, "you? You will protect him?! How?! You are just a defenseless woman, the only thing that you can do is cry and beg for his life!" He mocked as he snapped the words glaring at her, her eyes filled with anger as the instinctual need to protect her child had her stepping forward, her hands fisting by her side as the anger  in her just fueled harder making her tremble with fury, the thought of this man hurting her son made her see red, her blood boiled with the need to tear the man in two halves, "Don't you dare touch my mata, you demon I will kill you!" Abhimanyu shouted as the earlier fear all vanished, his little fingers wrapped around the net  harder as he shouted on top his voice glaring at the man under him, seeing his mother in danger hand him clawing with fury as he glared at the monster, to him it didn't matter the man was an asur way more powerful than him, what mattered to him was that his mother was in danger and he would do anything to protect her! The asur laughed as he looked at the two, a kid and a woman? What a duo of mighty soldiers, he thought sarcastically as he laughed harder, what could this two possibly do. . .

***

DO VOTE AND COMMENT!

SORRY FOR MY MISTAKE EARLIER!
HERE'S YOUR UPDATE AS PROMISED!
I KNOW I SAID TOMORROW BUT  I COULDN'T STOP MYSELF FROM WRITING THIS!

I HOPE YOU LIKED IT!

*****