Chapter 46

Panchaali blinked her eyes hard as she used her hands to clear the sand that was thrown in her eyes, her heart froze as her mind completely went blank as it focused on the man ahead of her, she watched as he jumped his, his hand raising his sword aiming for her son.

Her instincts kicked in as she  ran towards the tree and used it to launch herself in the air, her leg hit the trees bark as she pushed hard against it making her go flying in the direction of the asur, just as the asur’s sword cut through the net a loud battle cry left her mouth as she swung her sword with all the might, she could feel her sword slicing his head off as it went flying across the place and landed with a thump, she landed on her feet just as the body of the asur hit the ground with a thump. Her gaze moved to the rope that was tied on the three that held the net up. She cut the rope and lowered the net delicately on the ground.

Abhimanyu ran towards her, his little heart beating wildly as he wrapped his hand around her neck, she sighed as she wrapped her hands around his, her eyes watering as her she tightened her hold on him, a smile appeared on her face as she looked at him, she hugged him tightly, as she peppered kisses all over  his face.

“Mata you are so brave.” He whispered as he hid his face in her neck, tears tracking down his cheeks, he felt guilty, had he listened to her this would not have happened he could have lost his mata today, he hugged her closer as he nuzzled her neck, the soothing scent of blue lotuses had him sighing making his heart finally ease as it thumped harder and harder against his chest making him breath heavily. Panchaali sighed as all the buildup fear and the threat of her son had gone, she knew he was fine but the thought of losing him had almost drawn her to insanity. Abhimanyu’s eyes fell on her hand where she had a deep gash, his eyes watered as he saw it bled.

“I am so sorry mata, it was all my fault.” He whispered as tears tracked down his cheeks, guilt lacing his words as his eyes filled with tears, she shook her head as she cupped his cheeks, she knew he was just a child, she should have been more careful her stupidity had almost caused her the life of her son. He cupped her cheeks as he made her look at him, she cupped her cheeks as she wiped his tears as she shook her head, “No Putr, nothing is your fault, everything is fine now, we are safe.” She whispered as she pressed her lips to her forehead, “Mata you are bleeding.” He whispered as his eyes fell on the bleeding gash on her hand, she shook her head as she gazed at him, “I am fine, don’t worry. Now let’s go.” She whispered as she picked him up in his arms, hugging him close to her chest as she walked down to the path of her home, she knew that the threat was gone but her body was on her high alert as she kept looking around at the forest suspiciously, as though expecting someone to jump out of the woods, adrenaline pumped through her body making her want to erase the distance between her and her home soon.

“Panchaali!” A distant cry had her freezing, “Panchaali!” “Abhimanyu.” Multiple male voices were calling, as though searching for them, hope flooded her as her heart beat wildly in her chest, “Mata that’s pitashree!” Abhimanyu shouted, she nodded as she looked down at him, “Pitashree!!!!!” Abhimanyu shouted, “Tatshree!!!!” He called again, “Kakashree!” He continued to call, silent followed his words.

“ABHIMANYU?!” Six voices rang back as the rustling of the leaves intensified, leaves crunched under the feet of the pandavas as they ran towards the place where they heard Abhimanyu call them too, their heart beating with worry, for hours they have been looking for the two, worry had been a very strong emotion that pumped through them, Bheem was first to break through the foliage of trees as  his eyes fell on his wife and his nephew, her clothes were a mess while her hair was tangled, a sword in her hand as Abhimanyu in another she looked like a fierce goddess, dirt marred her clothes, his heart thumped through his chest wildly as his gaze settled on the blood that was flowing through her wound on her hand.

Bheem in his life had seen enough wounds to recognize the wound was given by a sharp weapon, his hands fisted as his eyes filled with fury as the need to tear the man into pieces washed over him, he looked at her and sighed his lips pressing in thin lines as he glared at the wound, he marched up to her as he looked at the two, “Panchaali, Abhimanyu.” He whispered as he wrapped his arms around the two and pulled them close to his chest.

Exhaustion weighed heavily on her, feeling Bheem’s arms around her made her sigh as she let the tension wash away from her. the relief was overwhelming as she felt his arms around her, making her sigh, tears stung her eyes as she felt his arms around her, as she wrapped her arms around him, the exhaustion and pain washed over her as she let her guards down, her eyes blurred as the heavy bleeding had her brain growing fuzzy, a loud sound rang through her head as she heard a loud ringing noise she tried to keep her eyes open as a loud sound filled the air making her head grow fuzzy as dark spots danced in her vision making her lose herself to the darkness. . .

***

Do Vote And Comment!

***