Chapter 39

Arya what are you doing?” Panchaali chuckled as she asked, “Blindfolding you.” He said like it is the most obvious thing, she giggled as she swatted his hand lightly, “I know that arya, but why?” She asked as he continued to tie the blindfold, “I don’t want to spoil our surprise.” Sehdev stated as he looked at his wife a smile on his face, “But arya it’s my birthday surprise and I want to see.” She whined, “And you will.” The two stated as they wrapped their arms around her, and pressed their lips on her cheeks making her giggle, “We Love to moon and back.” Sehdev whispered, “And today is the most special day for us.” Nakul whispered in her other ear, “I love you two soooo much.” She whispered making the two smiles.  The two guided her, they walked her down the corridors as they guided her, they soon opened the door to a room, she could hear the door open, they moved behind her and undid the blindfold. Her breath hitched as she looked at the room in front of her, she couldn’t believe her eyes as she looked around, paintings after paintings of hers decorated the room, she couldn’t believe her eyes, the paintings looked so much more beautiful, the paintings were of none other than hers. Some were of her sitting in garden, her playing with the kids, her talking to her jijis, her and all her aryas, her and each of her arya alone, and so many more.

The most beautiful was the one painting with her all her family, she sat in between wearing a red saree, dressed like a bride a new born child in her arms, her sons around her followed by her jijis and her aryas. Her eyes watered as she noticed the new born in her hands, her eyes watering as she looked at the baby, her hands trembling as her hand lifted to touch the child, her heart squeezing in her chest as her eyes watered, her fingers touched the little baby’s face, her throat tightened as her eyes watered, as she gazed at the baby. Her heart thrummed as it became difficult for her to swallow, this was a dream that both her husbands had put down on the canvas, she felt their chins rest on each of her shoulder, “How do you like it?” Nakul asked as he tightened his arms around his brothers making her heart thud in her chest violently, “You put my dream on a canvas, a dream that will be forever a dream. But a dream none the less.” She whispered, her voice thick with emotions as agony squeezed her heart, a tear tracked down her cheek, as her finger continued to trace the face of the baby, “It is not a dream dear. It is our future.” Nakul whispered in her ear as Sehdev rubbed her arms, kissing her nape, silently trying to sooth and ease her pain. She turned her head sideways, her eyes meeting his, “Don’t build my hopes up arya. For if they shattered so will I.” She whispered, her bottom lip quivering, the twins’ heart gave a painful squeeze as they heart her broken voice, “Slowly I have begun to accept the fact that I can never…” She couldn’t complete the sentence, it hurt, one would think that after so long she would heal, that time would heal all her wounds, time heals every wound they say, she had once believed in that too, but now she knew that time didn’t heal every wound, no, but it made you get use to the constant pain, you learn to live with that void, you learn to pretend to be happy for the sake of others while, everyday slowly you die from within. She was slowly breaking, she knew this, they knew this, they were trying their best, she could see that. They were one of the reasons she had survived for as long as she had, she wasn’t sure though for how long she would now.

“We know that you hurt princess.” Sehdev whispered, his eyes watering, he pressed his lips to her forehead. “Your wait will end soon.” He promised, the surety in his voice had her face scrunching up in confusion as she looked up at him, a smile decorating the faces of the two, they kissed her forehead one after another making her sigh, their close proximity making her forget about the void in her, “This is my gift to you.” Sehdev whispered as he set a book in her hand, the smooth leather cover and small decorated flowers made her smile, she opened it, the book was completely filled with something written in beautifully hand writing, “What is this arya?” She asked as she looked up at him, he smiled as he pressed his lips to her forehead, lingering there for a few minutes extra than needed as he sighed, the soft warm skin under his lips making him smile. “A story that I have written for you over the years. And some poetry.” Her eyes watered as she opened the book, the beautiful fine handwritten pages, there had to be at least five hundred of them, her fingers traced the lines, the hard work and creativity both of her husbands had put in their respective gifts were clear, she sighed as she looked at them a smile on her face, as her eyes shined with love.  “Thank you arya. Your gifts mean the world to me.” She whispered as she looked at them, her eyes shining with honesty, the gifts of all three aryas meant so much to her, heart fluttered as she gazed at each one of them, “Anything for you princess.” Nakul whispered as he looked at her smiling face, seeing her happy made him the happiest, it gave him a joy that he couldn’t put in words, something that he can’t explain, she soothed and eased his heart, she was the relief of his heart, the calmness and serenity on her face made him feel at peace, made him feel complete.
Sehdev lifted his hand, his fingers putting a lose strand of her hair behind her ear, his fingers tracing the soft skin of her cheeks, this was one of those moments, where he had seen her happy without the shadows in her eyes, this was one of those moments where she had momentarily forgotten her pain, it wasn’t that they had forgotten about her loss or didn’t notice her pain, they did, they were trying their level best to fix everything, to get everything back to normal, to fix everything, making it normal the way it was years back, she gazed up at him, the huge smile on her face had his heart flutter in his chest. He sighed as he looked at her, his fingers tracing her cheeks making her sigh, the beautiful smile on her face made him feel like he had won the world, nothing in this world could compare to the happiness that he got from her one smile.
“And one final surprise from the two of us.” Nakul said making Panchaali look at him with confusion on his face, Sehdev smirked as he walked in deeper, he came out with a basket and lid on it. She was confused, “Open it.” The two said excitedly as he placed it in her lap once they made her sit on the white swing decorated with roses, the two sat on either side of her, a wide smile on their faces, excitement bubbled in her as she lifted the lid, her eyes widened as she looked down in awe. “Meowwwww.” The little kitten meowed as she looked up at her with her huge blue eyes, she had complete white soft fur with small dark ears. She blinked up at them, “It’s so cuttttteeeeeeeee.” She whispered in awe as she looked at the baby kitten, “Thank you, thank youuuu. I love youuuuuu both soooo soos sooo much.” She said excitedly as she hugged the two excitedly, making the two laughs as they rubbed her back. “What should I name him?” She asked as she looked at them, “He is your present so you decide.” Nakul whispered as Sehdev rubbed the back of her neck making her sigh, as she looked at the kitten, who rubbed his head on her neck and cuddled closer to Panchaali making her awe at him. . .

***
DO VOTE AND COMMENT!
***