Chapter 28

Hours had passed Sehdev sighed as he laid his wife on his bed with fresh bedsheets and new clothes, Nakul pulled the quilt to her chest covering her completely as he gazed at her softly, a sigh leaving his lips. Finally they had managed to knock her out with the herbs, past twelve hours had been no less than hell for them, he could still her phantom screams that were his reality just a few minutes back. His heart jolted in pain as he gazed at her, an ache spasmed thorough his heart as he recalled her screams,her heart heavy at the thought of losing her, someone had dared poison her, the poison was strong enough to burn the inner lining of her uterus making her bleed, whoever it was had wisely chosen the poison to attack her with, the poison was one of the rarest kind created from the mixture of various herbs, that would only act as a poison when they came in contact with the estrogen hormone,hence the poison was only effective on woman, a wise move, he had to give it to his unknown enemy that, all her drinks and food were closely monitored by the pandavas, they personally tasted the stuff before letting it reach, but all of it had gone down the drain, she was hurt, and they couldn't do a damn thing about it!

Dark circles were present under his eyes like his brothers as he sat on the floor beside  her bed, his head resting on the mattress. Hell had taken a new form for them, for hours her screams and profound bleeding had shaken them all, initially he had dreaded that it was a miscarriage, that she was pregnant and they didn't know and something led to her miscarrying the child. But it wasn't that, it wasn't that, she wasn't pregnant, no she wasn't. And maybe now she won't ever be able to, the mere possibility made his heart thrum with pain as he imagined telling her this, his heart ached as throat closed up making it impossible for him to swallow. 

She didn't deserve this, no one ever did, he looked at his wife, he was furious, rage boiled in the pit of his stomach as his gaze settled on the milk glass, glaring at the cursed thing, he couldn't believe someone stooped so low as to poison her. What had she done to deserve this? Just one sip had done this to her, he shuddered at the possibility of what might have happened if she had finished the glass, he wanted to gut the person who had done this to her, fury built in the pit of his stomach building, wanting to destroy the person who had done this to her, shedding him till nothing but his carcass was left.

Arjun glared at the glass of milk, his eyes turning red with anger as his hands fisted, fury pulsed through him, Sehdev had just told them all about the poison and to say he was enraged was putting it lightly, blood, he wanted blood! Blood of the bastard who dared think about this! Blood of the monster who stooped low enough to take away her motherhood from her, he knew what being a mother meant to a woman, he had often heard Subhadra talk about his, his eyes fell on Panchaali, slithering ache ran through his soul incapacitating him of thinking straight, all he knew was that he wanted blood, with his every fiber he wanted to kill the man who had been reason for her agony, for taking away a piece of her forever. For steeling away her motherhood from her,he stood up and flipped the table in front of him,not able to control his fury.

Bheem crushed the bowl that he had been holding as he heard the words of Sehdev. She had been poisoned, her motherhood was stolen, the pain that she had gone through for past twelve hours was because someone had poisoned her, a fury so strong ran through him that he couldn't control it and punched through the nearest wall, making it give away and crumple under the sheer force of the man, his nose flared in anger, "Dead I want to see them dead!" He growled as he looked at his brothers, Karn was unnaturally quiet as he looked ahead, "no no Bheem. Death is of a punishment. Too easy."  Karn's voice was cold, the menace in it had his brothers head snapping towards him as they gulped. "Death would mean they will be relived of that torture after a awhile." He continued, his eyes completely blank, showing no emotions, like he had lost all of them, like he had lost his humanity as though he was just a corpse and not a leaving being.

"That's right, the pain that they has given her would last for a lifetime, they can't get free from mere dying." Yudhisthir's voice rang throughout the room, a silence descended upon the room as the Dharmraj stood up, his usual calmness had disappeared into nothingness, Dharma, the name ran through his mind like a mantra as he gazed at her unconscious form of his wife, her screams reverberated through his mind making his heart clench, his eyes fell on her blood soiled clothes on the floor, a tear traced down his cheek, he will kill, he will shred the person, who had done this, it was his commitment.

Sehdev's fingers through her long dark hair systematically as he tried to sort the chaos in his mind. The present situation weighed heavily on his soul, she loved children, he knew that, how would she react to the news of her lost motherhood? He thought. His mind felt broken, he could no longer think straight, his head throbbed as pain filled his being making it impossible for him to think straight,  his mind was crumbling under the pressure of the situation,how would he face her? How would he tell her that she can no longer conceive? Tears rained down his cheeks as pain boiled through him, he felt helpless in the situation, making it impossible for him to think straight, rage build in him, shimmering under his skin. Just once he wanted his hands on the one who did this, just once, the b*stard would regret ever being born.

"Get Ghatotkach!" Karn shouted, the gears in his mind turned as a plan formed in his mind, he would hunt the person down who had done this, there was traitor in the palace, living among them, and he was dying to know who he was.

"Tatshree?" Ghatotkach called out as he entered in, a confused look marred his features as he looked at everyone gathered, his eyes fell on Panchaali and they widened, "Mata!" He shouted, panic and pain slithering through him once he looked at her pale face. "Mata! Pitashree what happened to mata?!" He shouted tears tracing down his cheeks as he kneeled beside her holding her hand between both of his. "Mata." He whispered as he looked at her, his heart sizzled in pain as he looked at her, he had just met her awhile ago and she was fine, they talked a bit before he had to live for some work,but this was not how he had imagined to see her again, "Be strong son. We have yet to hunt down the culprit behind this." Vrikodar said trying to be strong as he looked at his son making Ghatotkach look at his father.

"Someone did this to her? Someone hurt my mother?" He growled, fury pricking through him as his eyes turned blood red, horns appeared out of no where as his canines elongated, the asur part of him showing as he lost himself to rage

"Someone did this to her? Someone hurt my mother?" He growled, fury pricking through him as his eyes turned blood red, horns appeared out of no where as his canines elongated, the asur part of him showing as he lost himself to rage. "Control yourself son! We will kill them. But before that we need to hunt them down and for that I need your help." Karn said, his eyes glinting with the intent of murder, the other six males in the room didn't look much different, they were out for hunt, they would hunt, a dangerous game of bloodshed had just began. . .

***

DO VOTE AND COMMENT!

***