Chapter 27

"Arya you all will be wearing this today and I have coordinated them with all the jijis clothes." Panchaali said with a smile on her face as she folded the clothes and kept them on the platter, "Amazing." Nakul said in a distracted voice as he read the parchment, his brows knitted in concentration. Panchaali sighed same story everyday, they wouldn't even listen to her, "Arya the sky is pink." She said out loud, her hands folded on her hands on her chest as she waited for her husbands' reply. "Yes sweetheart that's a great plan." Arjun replied vaguely, making her eyes squint as she looked at them, annoyance and frustration spreading through her body. Here she was planning their attire for the important function and this men were not even interested, she was doing this for them so they look good in public eye and make a better impression. She huffed, feeling vexed about not having their attention. For past a week they had been so busy, she didn't even got to spend a few moments with them, she understood they had important work as the kings of six kingdoms but she needed their time and attention too, specially when she was discussing important matters, she's done, her jijis were busy as the queens, her aryas were busy and Ghatotkach was not even around, he had left because of some important matters. "Please take this platters to their respective rooms.  I have organised them." She said softly to the maids, who bowed and nodded.

She turned to look at her husbands, she knew they were kings and had the responsibilities, but she was their wife too, maybe she was being childish, maybe she shouldn't feel the way she did but day after day without even having a proper conversation with them she was now frustrated. She looked at her husbands who were engrossed in their work, a sigh left her lips, frustration coiled in her stomach she wanted to scream but she held it in, there was no point in shouting, all it will achieve her is their moods getting sour and they didn't deserve that, they too had just been working. She had no one to talk to with all her family members busy, she saw Karn reaching for another parchment while his eyes stayed focused on the present one in front of him as he result he missed it each time, she moved towards him.

Bheem heard her footsteps, his senses attuned to her, like his brothers. His fingers wrapped around the dagger and threw it, the air whistled as it pierced through the poisonous spider that had sneaked in through the open window. She didn't notice it, he went back to his reading. Panchaali crouched down and her hand wrapped around the parchment that her husband was reaching for, she guided it to Karn's hand before turning around ready to stand, Arjun's hand shot out like lighting wrapping under the sole of her foot preventing it from falling on the sharp blade that rested that which they used as cracking open some tied parchments. Karn's hand wrapped around her forehead preventing it from hitting the sharp edge of the table, Nakul pulled the blade from under her foot. She was shocked, her heart thudding in her chest, "Careful sweetheart, you'll hurt yourself." Karn and Arjun said simultaneously, their eyes meeting hers, her heart thundered as they pulled her to sit in between them. How did they know? Her breathing was a bit erratic, she gulped her mouth dry, she felt parched. Yudhisthir's hand wrapped around the glass beside him as he heard gulp again, he pressed the glass to her lips, "Drink this." He whispered as he continued to read, she looked at him, how did he know? She didn't question as she drank the water, gulping down its contents. She sighed once she drank it, Dharmraj smiled, seeing his Dharma sated, she returned his smile, she made an effort to stand, Arjun's arm wrapped around her and made her sit. "Where are you going beautiful?" Sehdev asked his gaze moving from the parchment to her before returning back to work at hand, "just going for a walk arya." She whispered, "We are busy sweetheart, do what you need to do here, no leaving our sight." Bheem stated, "but arya.. " she began but was cut off by Nakul, "No darling, no leaving our sight. Do whatever you want here." Karn said firmly leaving no ground for any argument, after Sehdev told him about his foreboding feeling they had been keeping an eye on her like a hawk, one of them was always with her. Sehdev and Nakul even cancelled their today's journey to meet with few kings.

"Here priye, continue you're crochet work." Arjun said softly passing her the half finished crochet shawl, "Or continue reading." Sehdev suggested passing her the half finished book that she had been reading, "Or continue your embroidery work." Nakul said passing her the half finished embroidered odhni. She sighed, she felt like a child whose parents were trying to keep busy so they could work, ugh, she wasn't a child they didn't need to babysit her.  She was fine, she didn't say anything to anyone as she lay her head in Arjun's lap her face pressed in his stomach as her one hand wrapped around his waist. He ran his fingers through her long tresses as Karn picked her feet and kept in his lap. "Hail the kings, its time for Yuvrani's milk." One of the maid entered the room, with a glass of milk. Arjun nodded as he took the glass of milk from her, it had her vitamin supplements. "Princess." Arjun cooed as he looked down at his wife who just tightened her arm around him,Karn signalled with his hand to pass the glass, he took a sip from it, checking for anything mixed within before nodding and passing it back. Seeing he approved Arjun caressed her hair, "Come on sweetheart." He began, "No arya." She whined making the six smile, "Princess please." He said softly making her pout, she took a sip than shook her head. "NO!No ! No ! Please arya." She complained, she hated it. "But Panchaali. . ." Arjun began but Karn shook his head, he had noticed that today their princess was in a fowl mood, "Let it be Arjun." Karn said taking the glass from him and keeping it aside. "But jyest." Arjun began but was cut off by Yudhisthir. "Yes Arjun. Let her be today. Our princess is specially sensitive today." Yudhisthir said with a smile making her cheeks heat up, she resumed her position in Arjun's lap making Dhananjay sigh as he ran his fingers through her hair.

Silence descended upon the room as Panchaali got lost in the dream world, it began as a slow burning sensation in her abdomen making her whimper in agony, the pandavas attention fell on her, they looked at her in confusion, what happened to her? Her loud piercing screaming had the six jolting, "PANCHAALI!" The six shouted panicked, their hearts thudding in their chest violently. Sehdev and Nakul rushed forward the others following, "Panchaali look at me sweetheart." Arjun's voice wavered hearing her agonised screams, she withered in pain in his lap, tears tracing down her cheeks. Panchaali felt like her abdomen was on fire, as though her internals were being burned by acid, she screamed on top of her voice as a sharp jolt of pain had her withering, it felt like someone was slowly peeling the skin of her uterus, agony slithered through her abdomen, pain at such an intense level shook her to core, her mind failed to process all the pain, she could hear her husbands shout and scream in panic but she was too deep submerged in the agony to care.

Karn picked her arms in his arms bridal style, he can't lose his patience now, he can't lose her. "Snap out of it you all! She needs us! Panicking won't help us achieve anything!!" He growled angry and afraid, the helpless look that his younger brothers gave him had him crumpling, he looked at Yudhisthir, they shared a look, they needed to be strong for others. They nodded in determination, "Sehdev, Nakul in the Vedhshala right now!" He commanded, taking charge of the situation. Fury dueled with fear, her painful screams threatening to bring him to knees. He carried her to the Vedhshala, laid her on the bed, he and Yudhisthir sat on either side of her head, as Arjun and Bheem sat beside her holding her hands in theirs. Nakul and Sehdev got to work, their professional sides kicking in.

"Arya!" She screamed in pain, her hand  tightening in Arjun's and Bheem's, whose hearts were shattering, "Shh princess, we'll fix it. Calm down baby." Karn cooed in her ear, whispering the words in her ears, "Focus on my voice my sweet girl. We will fix everything." Yudhisthir promised, his usual calmness had extinguished, his soul was experiencing pain like none other, he felt like he was in hell.

"Keep her awake, keep her talking." Nakul chocked out the words, Sehdev's mind was working on an overdrive thinking about everything that could have caused this. "Sehdev Nakul." Arjun's voice was soft as he practically stopped breathing, the atmosphere in the room thickened considerably as dread sunk its talons in their hearts, chills ran down their spine as they watched in horror their wife's peach lehnga turn red, the smell of copper hit them square in their faces, Sehdev snapped out of his daze, he knew this wasn't period blood, but he had to be sure, mechanically he went through the process of taking a sample and began the test, his breathing stopped, this wasn't period blood. . .

***

DO VOTE AND COMMENT!

***