Chapter 3

Zira's pov
Getting ready to binge Netflix series with my pizza and other snacks my second phone starts ringing realising its a private number i pick it up.

"Shipments have arrived" Kirsten says

"Deliver it to alesssndro and report back to Don"i say

"Alright" .

"And Kirsten make sure to always check the shipments I'll not have any mafia wanting my head on a silver platter am i clear?

"Alright and zira..

"Mhhm..

"stay safe" he says

"Always" i said hanging  up.

I looked around my apartment it has 5 rooms if you don't count my gym room and security safe for break ins cant die young .

I get my lazy ass up the couch and move to my office still have tons of paper work i have been neglecting for months now, shit its more than a ton might as well get busy .

waking up i stiffle a yawn what time is it shit its three in the morning well i dont have work tomorrow so i guess i can turn to bed now getting up.

I  walk around i lock up my apartment getting into my room i go in for a bubble bath its been quite long i had one of these things after wasting a couple of minutes playing i drain the Jacuzzi yes i have an actual Jacuzzi abuelo got me a very good constuctor i step into the shower and rinse my body.

I walk up to my mirror looking at the tattoo on my forearm "ZARA LIVED " i trace it remembering her its been so long closing my dark green eye i feel a lone tear at the brink of falling i wipe it away harshly i wont cry i haven't cried in years neither would.

I cant help but think its my fault shes dead. Feeling down i walk up to my bed and and let sleep connsume me.

Nightmare.
...Running down with my sister during an attack inside the manor "zara lets go he's gonna kill us"

"No, lets face it he can't kill us he still loves me i know deep down Marcello loves me let me talk to him he'll cool I swear on abuela's grave hermana"she said

"NO" i spat "after all he's done you still side him you saw him kill kayla and you still love him I'm disappointed" i snapped

"Its not his fault kayla died he got angry and it was a mist..."i cut her

"So God help me if you dare say it was a mistake you naive little brat he beats you who does that and you stand for him, you catch him cheating and you stand for him i wonder if we're related" i said to her feeling my anger her the best of me.

"Thats what you really taught about me" she said with tears.

"No i mean lets just go please i can't have you dead please"i said with in a hurry hearing the sound of shots echoing through the house, our prick of an uncle/bodyguard has disappeared so now I'm scared shitless despite all the training.

Trying to run forward a shot is fired at the door turning around to keep zara behind me to see she's no longer there but telling this prick to stop all this madness but no he's got other plans.

"I wouldn't do that if i were you daisy" he said

"Dont call me that i growled

"Oh please your having control of your dear manor gives me the right he said while laughing maniacally .

He removed the safety of his gun and pointed at me so we are gonna do this the easy way or the hard way but knowing you daisy you'll never accept the easy way"he pointed the gun at zara.

"Now tell me who has the folder with the launch codes". he orderd.

"I dont know what you're talking about" i said with zara almost immediately.

His men came running down to him whispering God knows what in that ear of his and his smile dropped he pushed zara away.

"Take the weak one she'll be my personal maid I'll take care of the other one "he said pointing at me.

As if life flashed before my eyes he shot i closed my eyes but i didnt feel a thing then realised it wasn't me who took the bullet it was zara ...

Looking at him all i saw was red i stood up he shot me but the adrenaline pumping into me didn't  stop till i had broken his skull with the blade running back to zara she was lying in a pool of her own blood.

"Stay with me i said please i said while crying..
She cut me off

" learn to love" she coughed out blood.

"Zara shut it you are not going anywhere I'll get married and have triplets just stay with me please they are on there way please" i said already crying

Promise" she said

"I do please stay with me please mia cara per favor hermana por favor

"Te amo" she said and closed her eyes never opening again.

Nightmare over

"ZARA" i screamed jolting up from the bed with sweat trickling down my body i need a shower.

Drowning myself in files and alcohol i work my way through the night thinking how life would be if zara was alive and my freaking Promise to her.

Staring at the picture of zara and i laughing at what mamá said about boys having cutties.... your anniversary is in two weeks mia cara. MźC her initials craved on the picture frame. Looking at the time 4:00 am i engross myself in more work and a glass of scotch to rile away time .

Authors note.
1051 words thats a record 😋

Dont forget to click the little star by the left and comment.

Stay safe.

Bye hubbies😘.