Chapter 23

Xavier's POV
"Quit staring" i said holding her tighter.

"I wasn't"she denied.

"So...how do you feel" i asked .

"Buená" she spoke in Spanish and I nodded.

"I meant good, now leave me" she said   i removed my hand and the warmth i felt left. She stood up and walked into the bathroom and locked the door.

I sighed and got up as well and checked the time 6:43pm its getting late.She walked out of the room not sparing me a glance.

I wore my polo and left her room, i took my phone and checked my mails and responded to some.

Entering the balcony the cool night breeze hit me and i sat on the hammock.

Ring...ring...

"Valdez" i said

"She's clear" he stated.

"She's got clean records, never charged with any crime" he finished.

"Sooo... i trailed off.

"Boy... she's clean are you deaf or something? " he snapped and i smirked.

"What's got you on a leash valdez?I asked.

"Who are you and where's Xavier? He asked.

"Can't i ask anymore?

"Not that you've ever cared... i'm stressed and Genevieve thinks i'm cheating" he sighed.

"That's bad ... im just gonna say it ...who wouldn't" i teased.

"Yea" he chuckled ..."she wants to leave" he said his voice cracking.

"I'll talk to her" i said

"Thanks". He said and ended the call.

"Hey" Zira whispered, i turned to face her.

"Here" she said handing me coffee.. black.

"You remembered" i sighed taking a sip.

"Who wouldn't" i chuckled.

"Do you remember our first encounter? I asked and she nodded.

Flasback to 5 years ago.

Knock ...knock "come in" i boomed, so pissed, where's the dum assistant.

"Morning Mr Liam" a sharp tome startled me and i raised my head to a goddess.

"Who are you"i snapped.

"Your assistant"she snapped as well, clearly she isn't used to being snapped at.

"Why are you late? I asked feeling more pissed.

"The HR stated in my contract that I'd have to be here by eight thirty sharp, right now is seven fiftysix" she snapped again.

"If you're so smart , why don't you get busy and quit being so dum" i sneered gritting my teeth.

"On the contrary, i came here to be properly informed on what to do seeing as the office i was assigned to is trashed" she said lowly calming down.

"You're my assistant, you're meant to be at my beck and call whenever i need you" i said folding my arms and resting back and she lost it.

"I'm sorry what?" She asked.

"So you're deaf as well" i teased pushing the button of the girl i barely know.

"I don't recall my contract stating i had to be a housewife who has to be at your 'beck and call' she airquoted and continued "or a nanny who has to take your whining constantly so quit been a pain in the ass and give appropriate information" she said in utter sacarsm and i glared.