Chapter 26

Zira's POV.
"What're you doing?"

"Working "

"Alright"

"What're you doing here?" He asked me.

"I got tired" i dropped the cake on the car and sat .

"Thanks" he said and ate a bit and scrunched his face then ate again.

"It's amazing, the way the sweetness blends with the dark chocolate"

"Gracias"

"De nada" he replied and i stared at him.

We burst out laughing so hard "that's a first"

"I said i was gonna learn" i chuckled.

"Nice"

He brought the cake closer to my face and i pushed it back.

"What's wrong ?" He looked worried.

"Off sweets" he nodded and ate the frosting and brought it up again.

"You don't give up do you?" He chuckled, i bit it.

"It's amazing"

"It was made by an amazing pastry chef"

"Is that a compliment?" He winked and i laughed, he brought his hand close and wiped the corner of my lips and licked it.

"Deliciosó"

We stared at the stars for a while and he pointed to the stars.

"Thats the Pegasus" he outlined the stars, i nodded.

"You can't see it, can you?" I laughed and he frowned.

"Can't see shit".

"So, what are you good at?"

"Being an assistant as you know, baking, cooking and so many things but not maths"

"Really"

"Horrible, it's fucked up"

"Really loved maths and calculation in general ...

"Nerd" i snickered.

"I was forced to learn how to cook but i could learn little cause i sucked at mashing potatoes" we chuckled.

"I burnt my math papers" i confessed and he laughed.

"I burnt thanksgiving turkey and ordered another one"

"I never really cooked"

"I'm lost..."

"We had cooks i'm guessing you did as well"

"At first no...my dad wasn't born a CEO my noona cooked then later my noona left to an elderly home so my dad and i lived on  take outs"

"That's new"

"We became financially stable and we moved to a larger house and maids were hired" he explained.

"I gave nannies a really hard time, some stayed because of Zara but i was a disaster which they ran from so grandparents took over"

"You were trouble in other words" i nodded and he smiled.

"And a grumpy kid who rarely smiles"

"Why?

"They all wanted to hookup with abuelo"

"Your grandfather?"

"Still a manwhore" i laughed.

"There was one... Serena, she bent to give a good view, i aimed the stick and poked her so fucking hard, she fell in the pool."

"My parents scolded me.....the regular parenting shit but abuela gave me a bag of freshly baked cookies and the recipe book as a reward" he laughed and stared at me and laughed again.

"You were unbelievable"

"I stopped, had a lot on my plate"he nodded knowingly.

"The last nanny had called me a bobby trap"

"Describe yourself"

"Mischief and horror " he gave a cocky grin.

We laughed at other things and shared stories for a long time forgetting the party we came for.

"Gloria, mum Genevieve's niece came over for the weekend, she had a thing for Zander which i knew of"

"Ofcourse you did" i teased.

"She started coming for weekends regularly, it became suspicious to me  so i told Zander that he should back off but obviously he didn't listen"

"Classic move"

"Valdez couldn't find Gloria cause she had a flight to USC so we searched and he found them in the garage fucking and Zander spilled on his new SUV " i burst out laughing .

"So he gave it to me and instead of me going to college with a convertible i went with an SUV i cursed Zander"

"I'm confused, your dad passed away after college but you lived with Valdez  before college" he frowned.

"No, my dad had more trips than i could count with different ladies on his arms so i never really spent so much time with him until he passed it down to me but i was mostly with Valdez cause he was my mum's friend and my dad and i never had a father/son relationship during senior year in high school" he scrunched his face while speaking.

I nodded processing everything, that's really wierd i heard he was the pride of his father.

"Let's get back inside" i said trying to erase the sour mood, he nodded.

He gave me his hand, i took it and got down from the car, we walked back inside and the mood changed again.

We walked to Zander while everyone was speaking in hushed tones and staring at Xavier.

"Hey" i sat close to Zander and he nodded.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"Nothing, i have to leave take care" he stood and left suddenly.

"That's weird" i frowned it's so unlike zander to not talk.

"Let's leave"Xavier said.

"Let me say bye" i told him and he stood.

I said bye to Bill and Renita while Lee was so flushed he didn't say a word to me.

I walked outside and got inside the car.

"Belts" i nodded.

"Zira, belts" Xavier snapped his fingers.

"Huh" he came closer and put the belt around me, his breath fanning me.

"Thanks"i whispered and turned my head.

He turned and started the ignition and drove off, what's up with zander he was fine this morning.

****