⤷ 1

The clock struck 11:57pm and Aecha felt her stomach grumble

She got up and walked to the washroom to change her pyjamas into a crop sweater and jeans as she grabbed her phone and went outside, locking her door and leaving the key under the doormat, since she had a tendency to lose everything she took out.

She walked through the deserted streets with old street lamps flickering.

She cursed under her breath when a cold wind made the hair on her neck stand up, leaving goosebumps all over her body.

The convinience store was still open by the time she reached it. She quickly collected some packets of chips and some chocolates, and waited in line, till her turn came to pay for the items.

She paid for the food as she jogged out of the store, taking out her phone to check the time. 12:18 am. Still too early for her to go to bed.

She walked, humming some song she heard on the radio, as she came across an alley. She wasn't dumb to go through the alley at this time of night, though it actually was a shortcut.

She walked past it, and tilted her head towards the alley when she heard some grunting.

She stepped back and peeked into the alley, and saw, a guy, wearing a black outfit, holding another man, much older than the guy who was holding him, by the neck.

Her eyes widened when the guy pulled out a Swiss knife from his pocket and slit the man's throat mercilessly as he slithered down the wall.

Aecha gasped loudly making the guy turn around. He stepped towards her, and she stepped back and started to run away when the guy pulled her wrist and pinned her to the wall. He had a cold aura around him which engulfed Aecha, making a shiver to run down her spine.

Aecha's breath hitched when she recognized the guy. It was Mark Lee, her classmate.

Mark's eyes widened as he looked at her, faces a few inches away. He looked surprised for a second, but then he had his cold aura again. 'Aecha.' He smirked, inching his face closer.

'M-Mark.' Aecha stuttered.

'What did you see?' He asked coldly. She looked at his eyes, her hair covering half of her face. 'What. Did. You. See?' He asked again.

She tried to escape, but he pushed her back, making her wallet fall down, but none of them seemed to realise. 'What did you see?' He growled, making her shudder.

'E-everything.' She said as tears started flowing out of her eyes due to the pain which was caused when Mark pushed her against the wall.

'You better not tell anyone about this. And if you do, I'm gonna slit your throat just like I did that to that man. Understand?' He said. She nodded weakly. 'Come on, I'll drop you home, it's not safe. His men might have seen you, so we need to go cautiously.' He said while grabbing her wrist, and pulling her out of the alley.

' He said while grabbing her wrist, and pulling her out of the alley