⤷ 3

Mark went around and looked at the ground to see a shattered photo frame

Mark went around and looked at the ground to see a shattered photo frame. He picked it up as he looked at the picture in it. It was a selfie clicked by Aecha, as Yuta, her ex boyfriend, snuggled his face into her neck. He smiled, but the smile faded when he heard a shriek.

He swiftly turned, taking out his gun in the process, as he pointed it towards the noise. He slowly went towards her bedroom, only to find it in the same condition as the living room. He kept his gun pointed in front of him as his eyes moved in all directions to find Aecha, but failed to do so. 'Aecha? Is everything okay?' He asked.

He suddenly stopped moving because he felt some movement behind her. He heard some muffled screaming. Mark knew what was happening, so he turned around slowly, only to be greeted by a man who had his hand clasped over Aecha's mouth and he pointed a gun towards Mark.

Mark chuckled darkly, rolling his eyes. The man frowned. Mark lowered his gun as he stepped closer to him.

After giving a last chuckle, Mark grabbed his arm that held the gun, pushing it down as he punched the man's face.

The man's grip on Aecha loosened as he staggered on the ground trying to maintain balance. She bit the man's hand, making him yelp in pain.

Aecha escaped from his grip as she stepped back gasping for air and she looked at Mark, who had a calm expression and was waiting for the man to regain his balance.

He stepped closer again as he kicked him, making him fall on the ground. He pulled the man's hair and dragged him along the room as he stepped behind the man and kneeled down.

He put the man in a headlock position, as he twisted the man's head and it snapped. The man fell lifelessly on the ground as Mark let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

Aecha looked at him in horror while he checked the man for weapons.

He pulled out the gun and stood up. When Aecha was also about to stand up, he put his hand in front of her telling her not to stand up. 'There are more of them.' He whispered.

Suddenly the bathroom door burst open, revealing two more men.

Mark raised his gun and effortlessly shot the two, and they fell on the ground releasing a guttural sob.

Mark turned around and saw Aecha, with a tear stained face and her short, brown hair covering her eyes.

He helped her get up, but she couldn't stand up properly. The sound of the gunshot still rang through her ears.

She fell down again, and Mark sighed in irritation.

He bent down and picked her up in bridal style and took her outside. He opened his car door, and put her on the seat as she closed her eyes, too tired to even open them.

 He opened his car door, and put her on the seat as she closed her eyes, too tired to even open them