⤷ 30

Yuki turned towards the kitchen and Minsung looked down to reload his gun

'Aecha! Look out!' Mark's eyes widened after seeing behind her. Minsung and Yuki turned swiftly to look at her.

Aecha furrowed her brows and within a second, she felt a hard object, like an iron rod, hit her head. Her ears started ringing as she fell down to both her knees, slowly reaching up her hand to her head, to find blood at the tip of her fingers.

'You son of a bitch, Sam!' Minsung ran after him, with Jaemin and Donghyuck, who happened to enter the room at the same moment Aecha was hit.

'Aecha! No, no...' Yuki cried out she and Mark dashed towards Aecha, who fell unconscious on the ground.

'Yuki...call the...the am...ambulance...please.' Mark stuttered, taking her head in his hand and trying to stop the bleeding. She nodded.

'Mark- what the hell!' Taeyong yelled out, entering the room. Mark started crying out loud

'What happened, hyung?' Jisung asked, shocked.

'Mark...I'm...I'm sorry...we couldn't stop him...' Minsung came in. Mark's cries got louder, and soon the sound of the ambulance siren was heard.

*

'She's lucky that the cut wasn't that big, she's got a mild concussion,' the doctor told Taeyong, Kun, and Doyoung, who looked at Mark, who was bawling his eyes out. 'She'll be unconscious for some time, probably longer than an hour or two, like a day...'

He said and Doyoung nodded, weakly. 'Look, every patient having a concussion is different so I can't tell what kind of problems she'll have after waking up...but I can tell you all the problems I've seen these kind of patients have.' He said.

'Um...I'll go and tell Mark that she's fine.' Doyoung said.

'Yeah, okay...'

Doyoung got up and went outside the room.

'So, as I was saying, she might be confused most of the time or she can have trouble concentrating...so I don't want you to force her into doing anything where she won't be able to concentrate.'

'Next thing, she may be sleepy all the time, so let her sleep...She might get dizzy and lose balance sometimes, she may be sensitive to light and have a blurred vision, she might be nauseous and have seizures from time to time.'

'Yes, doctor...' Kun said.

*

'Mark, don't worry, she's alright...' Doyoung patted him.

'I-is she? Can...can I see her?' Mark got up.

'No...not now, she's still unconscious...the doctor will tell us when it's okay to see her.' Doyoung said. 'But for now, I want you to go and get some sleep, she wouldn't like it if you didn't get any sleep. Johnny hyung? Can you please take him home?'

Johnny nodded and helped him get up. The two of them slowly started walking towards the exit.

*

Mark layed on his bed, as tears brimmed his eyes. All of it happened in a span of one second, and Mark hated himself for not protecting her.