.eight.

It had been two weeks since my encounter with the wolf in the forest, and two weeks since I hung out with the Cullens. Since then, my sleep had been consistently interrupted, my mind racing busily, my ability to pick up emotions even more heightened than usual though I was distracted. I felt as if my head was being split in half and I couldn't concentrate on any one thing at a time.

All the while, I felt so frazzled that I had avoided hanging out with the La Push gang as much as I could. It wasn't personal, I just felt physically scattered and lacking energy. I couldn't waste the energy I did have on social calls. Instead, I went to school, came home and slept as much as I could before the restlessness kicked in and I was up all night again.

But on Wednesday after school, I had decided that returning to the forest to see it in normal daylight again would be a good idea. Maybe I could get closure, make myself realise there's nothing weird about it, and just go for a healthy run. My head was foggy and begging for some therapy like that.

So after school I drove to the entrance of the forest, and entered, still in my school clothes, which today consisted of a blue plaid mini skirt with lace trim on the bottom, and white shirt, paired with a grey cardigan and messy pony tail. 

I also brought my books into the forest as I figured I could do my homework on the forest floor as an escape and a way to force myself to not focus on the wolf that may lurk, and absorb into something else

I sat down on a bed of grass and brought out my advanced chemistry homework, beginning to scratch away with my pencil and lose myself in the work to distract my nervous mind. Before long, I heard a twig snap, and my head copied the action, whipping to behind me where I thought I heard the noise. Nothing.

Going back to my work, I heard it again, this time along with a little huff. Glancing to my right, I let in a gasp of air at the sight of the same wolf I had met. I forgot how big he was after only seeing him in my dreams and on paper for weeks straight. 

Once again, he wasn't threatening. He approached me calmly, bowing his head, and dropping to his belly. I told myself what I was seeing couldn't be real, and I attempted to continue my chemistry work. Scratching with my pencil, I stole glances through my dark eyelashes, and saw the wolf moving closer to me when I was gazing at my paper. Periodically, I would look up to see him closer than he was the time before, inching closer to my legs which sat under me, yet all the while he was gentle and trying not to scare me, I think.

After a while of this, his snout brushed my knee and I looked up. My fear dissolved, as he licked a sloppy line on my knee a couple of times, giving me puppy kisses. I managed to giggle. "Hey again, wolfie," I said, carefully placing my hand back on his head and feeling his familiar soft fur. He emitted familiarity and happiness to see me again, which evaporated all remaining fear from my mind.

"You don't want to hurt me, do you? You just want to hang out, huh," I said as the wolf rested its head on my lap and looked up at me with big eyes. "You know you might be seeing a bit more of me. I feel like I get my head clear in here, I can't seem to do that anywhere else at the moment. I've actually been dreaming about you a lot, wolfie," I explained, feeling inclined to place trust in the creature. He looked up at me with a sad face.