.eighteen.

"Okay class so enjoy the rest of your day, I need your final papers by 5pm today!" Mr Molina announced at the end of class. 

Time to have some fun and test my limits.

They say fays have the ability to mesmerise, order people around with their charms. I've already seemingly mastered the emotional side of my powers, but this is different. It's more direct and arguably more powerful. Definitely more manipulative, that's for sure. But the more I use these powers, the more I discover and the further I'm able to extend my abilities.

I approached his desk with my books in hand. The aim wasn't to seduce or make excuses, I just wanted to straight up ask him if I could get an extension with no supporting evidence or flattery. That would be the best way to test my ability.

I was also very aware of the fact I was wearing a short leather skirt and he could easily dress-code me (which I'd somehow avoided all day), and even worse, interpret my behaviour as flirting.

"Hey Mr Molina," I began.

"Miss Bo, good afternoon. What can I do for you today?" he offered, shuffling papers on his desk and packing up as he spoke to me.

"Well I was just wondering if I could skip this assignment." I spoke matter of factly, and straight to the point in order with the plan.

He continued shuffling his papers and pulled a confused face. "Um I'm not sure that's possible, Miss Bo. It's a core assessment for your final grade, and you've missed a few days as it is, I think you need it more than I do."

I wanted him to meet my eyes and try it that way. "Mr Molina," I spoke lower, putting my hand on his papers causing him to look up at me and meet my eyes.

I asked again. "I want you to let me skip this assignment." Like the last time, I spoke calmly, matter of factly and with no extra flirting or convincing methods.

Molina stared at my eyes blankly, his face falling free of emotion and his eyes were unable to look away. As he stared, his eyes glowed a slight violet colour around the rim of his irises, and I knew it was working. "You want to skip this assignment." he reaffirmed out loud, also speaking without emotion or conviction.

I held the gaze a little longer, not wanting to break the trance until he agreed. "Yes. You'll let me skip the assignment because you are a kind teacher who cares for the students' wellbeing."

He nodded without hesitation. "I will let you skip the assignment because I am a kind teacher who cares for the students' wellbeing."

I blinked and smiled, straightening up and going back to normal, allowing the trance to break and the violet circle in his eyes to evaporate. "Mr Molina thank you, that really means a lot and it does help me significantly. I promise I won't take this for granted."

I smiled at him as he looked slightly confused but still went along with his previous promise and made a not to himself to submit my A later on in place of the absent assignment. 

"No problem, Juliet. You have a good day now," he bid as I walked out the door beaming with pride and mischievous cheek. It felt good to have a little fun and laugh.

I walked out the room to Alice and Jasper laughing hysterically and shaking their heads. "Girl that was amazing," Alice giggled.

"That's my favourite fairy gift officially, I'm expecting you to use that to everyone's advantage next time Molina wants to take us on a greenhouse trip." Jasper laughed out.

I fanned myself dramatically accepting the praise, "Why thank you, thank you, I try." 

"You going to visit Jay today in the woods?" Alice questioned at our lockers.