.thirty six.

The days following Bella's birth were spent away from school, either at the Cullen's house on the couch or in my own bed with Jared taking care of me. My injuries were almost healed, but my depleted magic made it difficult to finish the job.

Instead, we were waiting until I gained enough strength to go back to the nest so I could rejuvenate my power.

Once I had finally been back to the nest, it was as if my wounds magically disappeared, my spine and rib healed in an instant, and I was reborn. 

"So now that you're all better, I'm taking you on a date tonight." Jared whispered.

I turned to him from the Cullen's couch. "Oh?" 

"Proper date. I have a few surprises up my sleeve." he told me.

We haven't been on a proper date like that for a while, we've been doing a lot of indoor dates at home and on the roof. This would be a really nice change.

"Well okay then. Where are we going?" I smiled, turning to him excitedly.

"Nope. Surprise. I'll pick you up at 7, okay?"

I eyed him curiously. "Dress code?"

"You always look perfect." he whispered, kissing my forehead lovingly.

What is it about men not understanding the importance of a clear dress code? Yeah, thanks, that's sweet of you but seriously what the fuck do I wear?!

"But for now, I gotta run." he said, getting up from the couch and giving Paul a look, making him get up too.

"Where are you two going?" I asked, still holding onto Jared's hand.

"No where." Paul said quickly, making me tense my jaw. Not this again.

Jared knelt down in front of me. "I said there were surprises tonight, okay? Please don't think too far into it. Let me surprise you." he said softly, holding my hands.

He made a good point, and I gave in. "Alright fair enough. Can you drop me back home first though? I wanna get ahead on the schoolwork Emmett gave me to catch up on." 

"Sounds good, let's go."

So the boys dropped me home as they went off to do ...whatever it was they were doing.

"Hey dad, hi Sasha," I greeted as I walked in the door. Yep, I actually greeted Sasha. Since our little heart-to-heart and our breakfast date, I hate to admit it, I like her for dad. She was right when she said me and her were similar in a lot of ways, but it's impossible to not respect her work ethic, pride and the sense of humour she has when you scratch the surface enough.

"Hey, princess. How was your day?"

I smiled, heading into the kitchen for an apple. "It was good, got a fair bit of work to do before tonight though."

"Oh, what's tonight?" Sasha inquired, making an effort to take interest.

I smiled. "Jared has a surprise for me. Said he'd be here at 7 to pick me up."

Dad and Sasha looked at each other, Sasha hiding a smile and both of them masking excited emotion. "Do you two know something I don't?" I questioned.

"No!" They both yelled at the same time.

I groaned. "I hate surprises." 

As I skipped off to my room, I heard dad whisper to Sasha, "I don't think that's tonight." 

I was getting really tired of being out of the loop.

Flopping on my bed, I got a call from Pia.