.twenty three.

"Good morning, girlfriend." I heard whispered beside me in a deep morning voice. 

I smiled into my pillow. "mmm good morning, boyfriend." I responded just as sleepily, loving the feeling of Jared's hands running up and down my bare back as I woke up slowly. 

I begrudgingly opened my eyes and let them adjust to the light, meeting the most beautiful sight in the world. Jared sat shirtless on the edge of my bed, drawing circles on my skin and smiling warmly at me as the sunrise hit his face ever-so gracefully. 

"You're so beautiful." he whispered again, causing me to bury my face in my pillow to hide my blush. "Hey, don't hide that face from me," he protested, trying to fish me out from the blanket as I hid deeper beneath my bed. I giggled at his tickling and his teasing, when I heard a footstep outside my room along with a knock.

"Morning Juliet!" My dad called from the other side of the door. Jared and I looked at each other and stopped our game, eyes wide. I frantically pointed to the other side of the bed where I wanted him to duck down. We knew my dad was cool but we hadn't exactly given him a heads up that Jared was staying, and it would be weird having him walk in on us like this.

"Uuuhh morning dad!" I called in a panic, pushing Jared off the bed when he didn't move, cringing at the loud thud he made when he hit the floor. Stupid muscly Jared.

On cue, dad let himself into the room and I used my blankets to cover my bare body. "Hey sweetheart." he said softly as he looked at me, raising an eyebrow at the sight of my bed hair and rosy cheeks.

"Good morning!" I stated back nervously, definitely not doing a good job at keeping calm. "What are you, what are you uh...doing today?" I asked him.

A subtle smirk danced on his face. "Come down to breakfast, I made coffee." he said, ignoring my question and turning on his heel to head downstairs as I recovered from my panic.

"Good morning, Jared!" he called teasingly over his shoulder as he went down the stairs, clearly not as stupid as I had hoped.

My cheeks heated up and I buried my face in the blanket. 

"Uh...Good morning sir..." Jared stuttered back from his hiding place crumpled behind my bed.

Jared had the audacity to let out a nervous laugh after a few seconds silence, to which I booked a pillow at his head and buried my face once more. 

"Kill me." I groaned as Jared put a shirt on. 

He leaned down to kiss me on the head. "Come on, princess. Your dad is cool." he admitted, and I had to agree.

Before we went downstairs to face a no doubt smug dad, I threw on a white tee shirt and little blue and white plaid dress, tying my hair in a messy low ponytail and throwing on my socks and white sneakers.

We made our way downstairs and Jared was definitely finding the whole situation a lot funnier than I was, as I avoided all eye contact with my father. 

"So." dad broke the silence. I looked at Jared and signalled for him to shut the fuck up as I could already hear the awkward laughing in his head.

"So..." I repeated.

He looked between the two of us. "You two are hanging out a bit more then?" he spoke subtly.

"We are." I confirmed, knowing full well my father was asking if we were dating.

He looked at Jared now. "And I'm guessing I'll be seeing more of you around here?" he questioned, attempting to seem some kind of intimidating.

Jared gulped. "If it's okay with you, sir...yes I guess so...I mean with your permission that is." Jared stuttered, showing his nervousness for the first time. My father nodded, satisfied with his answer and looked to me.