.thirteen.

I heard a camera clicking noise, followed by my dad's voice. "This is actually too sweet, it's sickening," he said lowly, attempting not to wake me but clearly not realising I was already there.

"How long do you think they've been asleep?" I think that was Seth.

Sam spoke next. "We've only been gone an hour, I know they talked for a while first," he spoke in code, cautious of his words around my father. 

"Literally the cutest people I've ever seen! I never thought Jared could be like this," Emily continued. 

I let my eyes fly open, noticing I was still wrapped up in Jared's warmth in my hospital bed. Looking around the room, the boys, Emily, Leah and my dad had clearly just returned from the cafeteria and had walked in on me and Jared intertwined and asleep.

"Well good morning Juliet!" Embry called jokingly. 

"Shall we let Romeo sleep? Or wake him too?" Quil added, cackling at the sight of his mate being so soft. 

Jared groaned from beside me. "You idiots aren't exactly silent, I'm up." He said, rubbing his eyes. I felt bad, it was seemingly the first time he'd slept in too long.

"How are you feeling, possum?" dad said softly as I sat up slightly, not leaving Jared's side as we came back to life. 

I thought for a moment. "A bit sore, but I'm okay." I noticed that every time I looked around the room, there was more flowers since the last time I was awake.

Emily stepped forward with Leah, and I sensed a newly rekindled bond between them. "I brought you some of my soup to make you better! Jared said you loved it last time. You poor sweet thing, I'm so sorry this happened to you," Emily spoke in her sweet tones. You couldn't help but smile when Emily talked. She was so warm and genuine at all times, I loved her energy. 

"Aww Emily you're so kind, you didn't have to do that!" I said, hugging her back as well as Leah.

"Oh stop it, it's nothing. Your dad here had to fight me to keep it from him!" she joked, clearly getting along with my father just like the rest of them.

Dad defended himself, "hey we all know that cafeteria food is one molecule away from being dog food, and Juliet wouldn't shut up about how good this soup was when she was sick!"

Everyone laughed and Jared looked down at me with a twinkle in his eye at the sound of my giggles. I returned the look. 

"Alright lovebirds, I'll be right back. Got a surprise for you, Jules." My dad cut in, leaving me confused before he left the room with a wink.

Sam spoke up, "So how did your little chat go?" 

All the guys looked to me for answers, I'm assuming they were anxious to know if I was afraid of them or if I held any resentment.

"More than well," I said, looking to Jared as he squeezed my arm lovingly, emitting pride at my words. "I want to say thank you, to all of you." 

The boys looked at me curiously inviting me to go on. "I realise now that it was you guys, the wolf pack, that saved me from that...woman, and I can't imagine how different things would have been if you weren't there. So thank you. You really are amazing people. And I owe you my world."

They all seem stunned and emotional at my reaction. "So we tell you we're giant wolves, and could hurt you, arguably dragged you into this situation in the first place putting you in hospital all beaten, and you thank us and tell us we're amazing?" Jacob spoke on behalf of the group.

"You say it like I'm supposed to see you as less. Don't let your warped perception of yourself skew what you think I see you as. Just know I'm grateful, and I love you all."