.thirty seven.

AN // This is my first story and we just reached over 1 thousand reads today! Super grateful to everyone that's read, thank you for taking the time to engage xx Libby :)

Also I actually love that gif of Jared ^^ it's the tensing of the jaw for me.

---

"What?" my heart dropped.

"I said what's on your face, the white ink?" she took a step forward to inspect my face as I searched frantically for some kind of alibi. 

Shit. 

I didn't have one. I hadn't even thought of a backup plan excuse if something like this ever happened.

Once she got close enough, I caught her eye contact. "There are no marks on my face, you were seeing things, my markings are invisible to you. You don't see anything out of the ordinary." 

Her eyes showed no sign of complying with my compelling. Instead, she looked somewhat amused.

"Jules are you trying to convince me I don't see them? They're right there, hon," she took a step closer. What the hell was happening.

Sasha reached a hand up to touch the white pattern beside my eyes, causing me to grab her hand. She looked up at me again, and I took the opportunity to try once more.

"There are no marks on my face, you didn't see anything." 

Again, there was no glow in her eyes and no signs that she was falling for my tricks. This had never happened before. I'd compelled humans, vampires, werewolves, even other fays, but a mere human wasn't falling for it.

She smiled and squinted her eyes at me, still amused. "Juliet. Relax. I won't tell your dad. Is it a tattoo?"

I was still in shock at my failure, but nodded and went along with it. "Uh...yeah, a drunk mistake a while back. He still hasn't seen..."

Sasha put a hand on my shoulder. "Breathe. Your secret is safe with me. It honestly looks kinda cool, I like the pattern. Like it's part of your skin."

I smiled nervously at Sasha's promise to keep my 'tattoo' a secret. "How do I know you're not just saying that."

She laughed and smirked. "Cause I have a drunk tattoo as well." Sasha lifted her shirt slightly to show a tiny heart drawn on her hip. "I got the Rachel Green tattoo when I was in college."

I let out a small laugh, surprised at her trust in me. "Yeah yours is a bit more obvious but who am I to judge? But if he ends up finding out, this conversation never happened." She winked at me as she left the room. "I'll deny knowing anything. Our secret."

Once the door was closed, I stood there in shock for a few seconds. I don't know what's weirder: The fact I couldn't compel Sasha no matter how hard I tried, or the fact that she was completely cool with keeping a secret, thinking I had a face tattoo.

Once I snapped out of it, I instantly texted both Sam and Carlisle separately, hoping either one of them would have ideas or their respective families might.

Juliet: Hey, sorry to bother you. Weird thing just happened. Dad's girlfriend saw the markings on my face, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't compel her to forget it or not see them. She ended up laughing it off and thinks it was a drunk tattoo, said she would keep it between us. But I couldn't spell her! Should I be worried? You've met her, she wasn't supernatural, right?

I threw my phone on the bed after I'd sent it and got ready for bed, waiting for a response. While I waited, Jared finally showed up at my window and let himself in.