.twenty seven.

AN // I've been designing something special for some upcoming chapters! I wanted it to be extra unique and special to the story and the relevant characters so I've put together a little surprise for later in the story - can't wait to unveil it!

I skipped down the stairs to find dad sitting on a stool and waiting for me with my morning coffee ready to go. "Good morning birthday girl!" he called out as I rounded the bottom of the stairs. 

"Shh, it's not a big deal." I dismissed as I hugged him back.

"Not a big deal? My baby girl is 18 today! That makes me old." he responded, wiping fake tears.

I laughed and sat down at the table. "You didn't tell anyone right?" 

He didn't directly answer my question, but placed a plate of my favourite breakfast in front of me with a kiss on the cheek - raspberry pancakes. "Relax baby doll. Just let me celebrate with you a little, okay?" 

His reasoning was fair, and I knew he had been looking forward to this day for a while. Since mom died, dad made a massive effort on my birthdays to make me feel somewhat normal because he knew how much the celebration meant to my mother and me. She would make me these pancakes in the morning, then we would spend the day outside in the garden singing and talking, playing in the grass, before she made an incredible dinner at night time. 

Mother loved spoiling me, and dad knew that. So since her death, I always downplayed my birthdays despite dad's efforts to bring them back up.

But I decided to let him have it since today was a big one. 

I laid my emerald green eyes on him and shook my head signalling I had given in, smirking at how excited he was. 

"I have something for you." he whispered.

I didn't have a chance to protest before a mint green wrapped present was being placed in front of me. 

"Dad, I told you no presents!" I rejected. 

He sat across from me. "I know, but I saw this the other day and it screamed your name, and I couldn't walk past. Please Juliet, accept it. Don't make your old man cry." 

I rolled my eyes but couldn't deny how excited I was, excitedly unwrapping the gift to find two more gifts inside.

"Does one of them have to be opened first?" I asked my very excited father. 

He shook his head. "Nope, lucky dip! Go on, open, open, open!" 

I unwrapped the little box and gasped at the contents. Dad had found the most perfect, elegant, gorgeous bracelet, in my new signature emerald stones encrusted with diamonds. 

"Dad! You've gone too far! This is incredible, are you sure?!" I called out loudly, disbelieving

He laughed it off. "You're worth the world, Jules. Of course."