.ten.

I had never been more grateful to get rid of a cold. Today was the day of the bonfire, and I had made myself well enough thanks to Emily's soup and Jasper's homework help that I was able to be back at school with a couple of lozenges in my pocket. 

"You seem excited, is it because of tonight?" Jasper asked me as we walked together through the hallway to my locker. 

"Yeah I guess so, I've never been to a bonfire before." I admitted, stopping at my locker to exchange books before our next class.

"Are you sure it's not because you're going to see Jared again?" Rosalie came out of no where, leaning beside her brother and sending me a playful wink.

I laughed, feeling the heat overtake my cheeks. "Jared and I are just friends." I lied; well at least technically we are. I doubt he feels the same way about me. And even I'm not fully understanding of my feelings yet. I mean I know I like him, a lot, but I don't know if I'm willing to get into a relationship at this point in time.

"Jared cares about you so much though, you'd be stupid to not see that. Come on Jules, I know you're smarter than to think you guys don't have feelings for each other." Rose continued as I averted my eyes. I felt waves of hope, encouragement from the two.

"Well whether you're right or not, I have no idea what to wear to a tribal bonfire, and I was told to come with nothing but an open mind. So I have an outfit to plan and a mind to open. I'll see you guys in last period, okay?" I said, shutting my locker and sending them both positive vibes before turning on my heel and walking to class.

"Wait, Jules!" Jasper caught my arm and gently beckoned me to wait. I turned around with questioning eyes. "I just...Alice wants me to tell you that everything's going to be okay. No matter what happens, you'll be alright. And you'll be safe, okay?"

I'd never had such a cryptic and creepy conversation in my life, but Jasper's face and his serious emotion forced me to pause and listen. I looked up into Jasper's piercing gold eyes and felt the slight panic coming off him, but it was masked with a stern stubbornness - he wanted, no, NEEDED me to take his word despite its vagueness. 

I nodded. "Okay, thank you. I'll keep it in mind I guess." 

"I'll see you tomorrow." He seemed satisfied that I chose not to poke for more information or answers, and let me continue to class.

The rest of the day dragged out a little, but finally I was leaving school, and hurrying to the forrest to see Jay. 

I'd missed him in the days I was sick and wanted to check up on him quickly before I went to the bonfire. So I made a lot of noise as I entered the forest, calling out his name with my still slightly husky voice.

"Jay! You there, Jay?" I walked further into the forest away from my car, until I was met with a very excited overgrown puppy. "Hey boy! I'm so sorry I wasn't here, I got a bit sick," I said sadly, relieved when his calm nature remained and he licked me on the face. 

"I can't stay long tonight either, I just wanted to see you and make sure you didn't think I died or forgot about you." I solidified a kiss on the wolf's head and skipped back to my car to get home.

After a Skype call with Pia, the outfit settled on a warm pair of denim jeans, a white knit and white puffer jacket. I knew it would get freezing at the beach when it got dark and I didn't want to be uncomfortable all night.

 I knew it would get freezing at the beach when it got dark and I didn't want to be uncomfortable all night