.seventeen.

It had been a week since Jared had told me I was his imprint. A week since I'd seen the pack, answered any of their calls, and a week since I'd felt 100%.

Sure, you might think that's dramatic. But something tore my heart out when Jared was so insistent about us not being anything more than friends. And since I've been away from him, something's just felt wrong. I'm not sitting around crying all day or anything, but I just don't feel...whole. It's hard to feel happy and normal when you feel as if you've lost a chunk of your chest. It's hard to explain, I just feel lost.

I was finally off crutches and just about fully healed, only wearing a little bandage on my wrist for extra caution. Otherwise I'd been talking to Pia and Elliot on FaceTime almost every night trying to feel a little normal again.

Dad had noticed my frumpiness, and assumed I was just going through women's troubles so he'd left it, which I was grateful for. But in my eyes, I was experiencing a little heartbreak. Even though I never technically had Jared, I felt like I had fallen for him harder and faster than I imagined possible. And going through all these changes in my life, he was so amazing during it all, that suddenly avoiding him felt so wrong. 

Stupid imprint. I knew I was doing this to myself by distancing our relationship, but it hurt too much right now. And knowing he would only ever want me as a friend needed some adjustment. I just needed some space to try and water down my feelings, I guess. This was my insurance policy.

So far, I'm still waiting for those feelings to go away.

"So class as long as you have these reports in by the end of day Monday, I'm happy. Have a great weekend, everybody." Mr Molina called to us as we exited last period, me, Edward and Bella.

I trailed them behind them slightly until Alice came up in front of me, scaring me half to death. "Hi!" she greeted, overly cheery for this glum Friday afternoon.

"Salutations," I mumbled back no where near as lightly.

She grabbed my arm and led me out the school gates. "We're going to get coffee, you and me. Come on, I'm sick of grumpy Juliet." she said as she pulled me to my car and swiftly stole my keys from my back pocket without me even realising.

"What? No, I'm going home," I protested. Not to very much success, however, because before I knew it she had literally placed me in the front seat and buckled my belt. "Guess not." I poked, knowing better than to mess with Alice's plans any further.

She sped down the roads of Forks toward my house along the La Push border to get to my favourite cafe, Four Beans. The whole time, I held a hand on the dashboard and another on the handle on the roof like a paranoid and dramatic mother teaching their child to drive.

Finally, although it only took about three minutes at Alice's speed, we arrived and I rolled out of the car in relief.

Sitting down with Alice was comforting, I'll admit. I always loved Alice and her quirks and she'd eternally been so sweet to me. We didn't talk about much until my coffee came, and Alice's water to sip on unsuspectingly. 

"Okay, so what's taken away your fizz, little miss Bo?" she quizzed, making herself comfortable in the booth and signalling she was ready to remain as long as it took for me to open up.

"Nothing, I'm just tired," I lied, knowing she wouldn't take it but attempting anyway.

"Strike one. Nope, try again." She retorted blankly.

I sighed, looking at her begrudgingly but also silently grateful I had someone who was forcing me to talk. I wasn't always the one to volunteer asking for advice but when people fought for it, I did appreciate it. "Jared told me he imprinted on me." I whispered, looking down at my coffee mindlessly.