➶ 16

Haechan parked the car, getting out of the car. He looked up at the tall building in front of him, taking a deep breath. He then walked towards the building, walking straight towards the elevator. He pressed the floor number, stopping at the 15th floor.

He gets out, entering the password to the apartment. He opened the door, seeing no one inside. He hesitantly walked in, turning around to close the door behind him.

"You're finally home, son."

Haechan closed his eyes, trying to conceal his anger. He turned around, looking at his father with sharp eyes. "You sent one of your guys to spy on me, right?"

His father raised his eyebrow at him, chuckling afterwards. He crossed his arms on his chest, looking at his son. 

"Did you kill one of my guys again?"

Haechan shrugged, still giving his father a sharp look. "Why?"

"Why what?"

Haechan chuckled bitterly, poking the inside part of his cheeks with his tongue. "Don't waste my patience, you know what I mean."

His father chuckled at his behaviour. "You're always the same, Donghyuck. I believe you know why, right? Your mother wouldn't want you to be involved in any gangs son, you know that."

"Mother's dead." Haechan plainly said

His father tilted his head to the side, not knowing what to say.

"What do you mean?"

Haechan stared directly into his father's eyes. His eyes are still the same, it's beautiful but it completely lacks warmth in it.

"She's dead to me."