➶ 28

The stars light up the night, along with the moon by its side. The city lights and noises fill the city, the cold breeze brushing over her skin. It's already midnight, but she couldn't sleep. So she decided to go outside her balcony and look at the view.

Her mind is filled with many thoughts. About her mother, her brothers, her father, and him. She smiled to herself, remembering how his face would light up every time he smiles.

It would be too early for her to fall for him, but she couldn't deny the fact that she is attracted to him. To his personality and to his charms. He's just being himself, and that's what she likes about him.  

She wondered to herself every night.

Will her mother be back?

What would she do if she's back?

Is she still alive?

Those thoughts haunt her mind, especially during the nighttime. She overthinks a lot, that's her weakness. Shadows of the past keep on chasing her. But the more she tries to escape and struggles, the more it follows.

She turned her head towards her left, staring at the empty balcony. She always wonders who could be staying in the house beside her because it's always empty.

As if it's on cue, the door opened. A guy wearing a black adidas t-shirt stepped out into the balcony, and Hyewon immediately recognized him.

"Haechan?"

Haechan turned around, his eyes widen in shock as he saw her there. "Hyewon? You live here? Next to me?"

Hyewon chuckled, nodding her head. They both spent a lot of time together, he even drove her home more than four times. But they just found out that apparently they're neighbors, how cliché.

"Why are you still awake?" 

Hyewon shrugged, looking at the view in front of her. "I don't know, I just can't sleep I guess,"

"If you live next to me, how come I never see you going to school in the morning?"

Haechan flashed her a smile before looking at the sky, admiring the stars and the moon. "This is my father's house, I usually stay with Mark-hyung."

Hyewon hummed, now knowing the reason why the house next to her is always empty. She glanced at him, she didn't notice it before but he had some scratches and bruises on his face.

She frowned, he was perfectly fine earlier. "Did you got into another fight again?"

Haechan chuckled, shaking his head lightly. "No."

"Then why is your face bruised?"

"It's fine."

Hyewon was about to ask him about it again because she wasn't fully convinced that he's fine. But she doesn't want to bother him, so she didn't ask about it.

"You should stay here more often." She said

Haechan raised one of his eyebrows at her, giving her a questioning look. "Why?"

"So I can see you more often at night."

Haechan laughed at her words, smiling at her afterwards. "Cheesy."

Hyewon smiled back, looking back up at the sky. "Really though, I enjoy your company. I don't know why."

Haechan stopped smiling, looking at her with a serious look on his face. He opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. 

"Don't be too comfortable with me, Hyewon."

"Why not?" Hyewon frowned

The girl now turn around. The moment their eyes meet, she could feel the butterflies flying around in her stomach. He looks amazingly stunning under the moonlight. 

"I'm not like what you think I am." He plainly said

Hyewon gave him a blank look, not knowing what to answer. "But what's wrong with that?"

"You'll see. Now go to sleep, it's already late."

He then walked back in, leaving the girl alone outside. 

He's hiding something from her, a secret. She's getting even more curious about him. Curiousity is dangerous, it could lead her into some things she never wanted.

Including falling for him.

aww i'm listening to long slow distance and damn it hits different