➶ 41

Haechan sighs for the fifth time, not knowing what to do. He's beyond frustrated, especially because the X guy has been bothering him for the past few days buy sending death threats to their base.

He sighs, hitting the table hardly with his palms creating a loud sound. He looked at the files lying on his table messily. He's looking for some clues about whoever this X guy is. 

"Calm down, Mr. Lee." A voice suddenly said

Haechan looked to his door, seeing Hyewon standing in front of his door frame. She flashed him a smile as she walks closer to him. Haechan only gave her a frown, not knowing why she's here all of the sudden. 

"Why are you here?" The boy asks, making her chuckle at him. She looked at his face, admiring his features. "I just knew you would be in this condition,"

She looked around his office, it's messier than usual. The files are lying everywhere on his desk, some even fell to the floor. "Woah, you should really look at yourself, Lee Haechan. This place is hideous!"

Haechan closed the both of his eyes, sighing deeply. "Get out."

"Geez, chill. I'm just joking, come on don't be like that." 

Haechan didn't even smile at her, instead he just stared at her with a blank look on his face. "Yeah right, very funny."

Hyewon chuckled at his behaviour, putting her arms around his neck. "What's wrong? You never told me anything, how long are you going to keep this away from me?"

She stared at him with starry eyes. She knew that he's struggling with something, but she didn't want to force him to tell her about it. 

"Nothing, it's fine."

He pushed her away from him as he walk towards the couch, plopping himself on it. Hyewon chuckled, knowing Haechan he's such a hard-headed person. She sits down beside him, turning her head towards him again. "Do you want me to tell you a story?"

Haechan turned his head towards her, not saying a single word but it's enough for her to know that he wants to hear her story. 

"Once upon a time, there was a girl who lived happily with her family. She's the youngest girl in her family, making her get the most love among all of her family. Her mother loves her the most among all of her brothers, because she's her only daughter," she stopped for a while, looking at his curious face. 

Hyewon smiled, continueing her story. "At first she thought it was normal. Afterall, she's her mother, there's nothing wrong about loving your own daughter, right? But no, the girl realized that the mother doesn't love her, she's obsessed with her own daughter."

Haechan looked at her, his eyes softening. "Then what happened?"

"Well, the girl tried to run away several times, but it never works. Her father slowly drifted away from them because of work, and her brothers are busy with their work too as soon as they graduated. They're aware of the situation though, but they couldn't do anything about it,"

Hyewon sighs, fiddling with her fingers. It pains her to remember about this, but she continued telling the story anyways.

"Until one day, the girl fought with her mother. Her mother was beyond furious, and the girl was so afraid of her. It was 2am when she ran away from her house, walking on the sidewalk near the park. She heard a loud noise that day, the sound of a siren. She looked to her right, apparently there was an accident," she said, reminiscing that night she ran away from her house.

"The sound of the sirine reminded her about her mother. She knew her mother so well, if she's mad she always hurts someone- physically. She was afraid that she will hurt her brothers, so she ran back to her house. But when she's back home, her mother wasn't there. That was the last time she ever saw her mother."

Haechan grabbed her hand, stroking her hand softly. "What happened to her mother?"

"No one knew what happened to her, but they all assumed she died that day. There was an accident anyways, the mother could've chased the girl that night. Even if she's alive, she must be fine- healthy at least."

"And what about you, are you okay?" Haechan asks, making the girl look at him straight in his eyes. Her eyes began to water, hearing his question made her feel vulnerable.

Haechan sighs, cirlcing his hands on her waist, hugging her tightly. Hyewon buried her head on his chest, sobbing quietly. "It's okay, she's not coming back. I won't let her go near you again."

"She might hurt you too, Haechan. If she knew about you she'll—"

"She's dead, Hyewon. That's what you told me right?"

Hyewon nods, burying her head on his chest again. Hopefully everything will be fine. But deep down, he's more worried about this than she is.

 But deep down, he's more worried about this than she is