➶ 55

Haechan insisted that he wanted to be the one to drive and well, he's driving with the speed of a car racer. He mentally cursed to himself, imagining what would happen to Hyewon. 

"Fuck, Donghyuck chill man!" Mark said, holding onto the door handle for his dear life as Haechan continued to drive with this speed, or even faster. Driving through the traffic lights, he definitely violated more than three traffic rule.

Thankfully, he's a skilled driver so he didn't cause any car crash. If it was Namjoon who drove the car, they could end up in the hospital instead of the base.

As soon as he arrived at the base, he immediately stopped the car right in front of the entrance, not even bothering to park the car. He got off the car, closing the door behind him harshly as he run towards the entrance.

He stopped as soon as he saw his mother sitting on the couch, holding a book in her hand. "This book is interesting, is this yours?"

Haechan balled his fists, looking at the woman in front of her in complete anger. "Where is she?"

The woman chuckled, closing the book. She put it aside, standing up from her position as she walked towards her son, her hands crossed on her chest.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She said, trying to make him angrier than he already is. Haechan took his gun out, pointing it towards her. "Cut the bullshits, where is she?"

Sooyoung lifted the both of her arms in the air, pretending to be scared. Chuckling lightly, she took a few steps back. "You're getting braver now, son. The last time I saw you, you were still crying over your brother's toy,"

Haechan stayed quiet, gripping onto his gun tightly. He would be lying if he said he didn't miss his mother because honestly, he does. But he knew that she's not the same person, not his long gone lovely mother anymore. She's becoming a monster.

"You know, it's hard leaving you behind. I was dying when she saved me, returning things back as if I died that night, even though I didn't."

Haechan frowned, not understanding a single thing. "Just tell me where she is, Kim Hyewon."

"Do you really think I'd tell you?"

Haechan chuckled bitterly, his eyes darkening as soon as he looked back at the woman in front of him. "Honestly, no,"

He took a step back, flashing her his signature smirk. "Well then, I won't be needing you then."

His mother seemed taken aback by his words, not expecting him to say something like that.

"Excuse me?" She said, chuckling to herself. Haechan lifted one of his eyebrows at her, still having his gun pointed towards her. "Goodbye, mother."

And then he pulled the trigger.

──── ∗ ⋅⋅ ∗ ────

Hyewon covered the both of her ears as the sound of the gunshot, ringing in her ears. Her mother stood in front of her, looking at her daughter. "Didn't I told you, not to be scared of anything?"

Hyewon could hear the sound of her heart raging as fear began to take over her entire body. Her mother is the one person she feared the most ever since she was a little kid. But this time, it's different. She's not a weak and naive girl anymore.

"You did, unfortunately you're not a good example for me." 

Heejin lets out an airy laugh, looking at her daughter in disbelief as she stood behind her. But that laugh turned into a glare as soon as she took out her knife from her purse, pointing it towards her neck. "So you're misbehaving now?"

Just then, the door barged open forcefully. Hyewon sighed in relief as soon as she saw Haechan, Jisung, and Jeno standing in front of the door with their guns in their hand. Haechan poked the inner part of his cheeks with his tounge, loading his gun before pointing it towards the woman.

He smirked, raising his eyebrow at her. "Let her go,"

"Unless you want to die, then I won't hesitate to kill you, right here, right now."

sorry for the late update school has been really hectic and yeaa