➶ 50

Haechan gripped his steering wheel tightly, driving as fast as he could towards Hyewon's house. Millions of thoughts filled his head- mostly negative thoughts.

He grabbed his phone, dialing Renjun's number to ask for some help. "Renjun, code red. Go to Hyewon's house now."

"What why? What happened?"

"Just get ready, we don't have much time." He said, ending the call

He looked at the locket the man gave him earlier, still thinking why he gave him that instead of something more useful. But little did he know, that thing might be the answer to all of his questions.

As soon as he arrived, he didn't even mind to park the car in a nice way, he just left it like that in the driveway. He took the locket, putting it inside his pocket before getting off his car, running towards the entrance. He ran towards the elevator, but because it took so long he decided to use the emergency stairs.

He ran up the stairs, not even caring how far it is. All he wants is for her to be save, that's all.

Once he made it to her floor, he knocked on her door- more like barging her door. He looked at his watch, feeling afraid that his time has run out. But thankfully, the door opened and he sighs in relief.

But it's not Hyewon who opened it, instead it's her brother. Kim Seokjin.

Haechan widened his eyes. Out of everyone in this world, at least out of all her brothers, why must it be Seokjin? It would be better for him if it was Taehyung, at least he's not as strict as her oldest brother.

Seokjin looked down at the boy, clearly confused of why he's here. "Lee Donghyuck?"

If he was wearing a nice suit or at least a tidy outfit, he would probably be more confident. But right now he's wearing a black ripped jeans, black air force, and a leather jacket which is not helping the situation at all. 

"U-uh y-yeah."

"Mind telling me why you're here dressed up like- that?" 

Haechan mentally face palmed himself, but he managed to come up with an excuse. "O-oh I was hanging out with my friends and I'm looking for Hyewon?"

Seokjin raised one of his eyebrows at the boy. "Why?"

"Um, hangout? Y-yeah, we were going to go ice skating." 

Seokjin nods, opening the door wider for him. "Is that so? Okay then come in, I'll call her just wait here."

Haechan sighs in relief, at least his excuse worked. He waited for her in the living room, still anxious that her mother might be here anytime soon. He looked to his right, spotting the familiar painting. The black lily. 

He stood up, walking towards the painting to take a better look at it. It's a nice painting actually, it was painted nicely. He could clearly tell that her mother was a great painter.

"You like it? It's a black lily, one of the rarest flower to ever exist." A manly voice said from behind, making Haechan turn around. He noticed that it's Hyewon's second oldest brother, Kim Namjoon.

Everyone knows him as the poetic son, the guy who only speaks beautiful and inspiring words.

"Yeah, it's beautiful. Do you mind if I ask you a question?" 

Namjoon shook his head, smiling towards the younger boy. "No of course not, what is it?"

"Why a black lily? Out of all the flowers in this world, why a black lily?"

Namjoon chuckled, turning his head towards the painting. It brings back memories- painful, beautiful, and sad memories. 

"It has a special meaning, of course. It has a striking and dramatic appearance, but it carries a certain elegance and mystery. Which suits my mother, she was the one who painted this,"

Namjoon stopped, sighing lightly. "It could also mean rebirth and the cycle of death. A mysterious yet elegant flower is the best definition of this flower."

Right after he said that, Hyewon walked down the stairs of her house, her eyes immediately meeting a pair of Haechan's eyes. 

He smiled to himself, admiring her beauty. But just when she was about to say something, the doorbell suddenly rings. 

Haechan turned his head towards the door, having a bad feeling about this. He hoped that his guts were wrong, but unfortunately, he was right.

i'm going to update again in a bit cuz i'm having my online classes rn ahdhahfdh but i'm bored so i decided to update:)