➶ 34

The sound of the gunshot filled the room. Haechan loaded his gun, walking carefully towards the building. He just got back from school when he suddenly got a call from Taeyong saying they're under attack. So they ended up rushing to the 127 base.

"Who the fuck are these people?" Renjun groaned

Jeno shrugged as he ran towards one of the guy, throwing his punch right at his face. Mark looked around the room, not spotting any signs of the boss. 

"Whoever these people are, they must be working for someone." 

Haechan grabbed his rifle gun, shooting the guys one by one straight on their head. Right after that he took his knife, stabbing the man that was half-dead on the ground, making his blood splatter everywhere. As expected from the ACE and the leader.

Chenle gave him a disgusted look making the older guy raise one of his eyebrows at him. "What? He was going to die anyways, I just made the process quicker."

"Where are the hyungs?" Jaemin asks

"I don't know, they must be in here somewhere." Jisung replied

They were about to walk upstairs when they heard a loud gunshot. They immediately turned their heads towards the source of the noise, running towards that room. 

Haechan stopped, looking at the male figure in front of him. The rest of the 127 hyungs are there, their hands are tied with the handcuffs. 

He assumed that's the leader, but strangely after working in the mafia for years he never see this guy before. 

The guy smirked, crossing the both of his arms on his chest. "Welcome, you must be the dream unit."

"Who the fuck are you?" Haechan asks coldly

"I'm the person behind this all, the one that you're supposed to be scared of. Do you know—"

Haechan groaned, loading his gun. "Just go straight to the point who the fuck are you?"

"Just call me X." The guy said, still looking at him with his annoying smirk

"What do you want?" 

The guy walked forward, now standing in front of Haechan. "Nothing. I just want to kill these guys, it seems fun."

Haechan glared at him, looking straight into his eyes. He doesn't look like a mafia leader, it looks like he's working for someone.  Why would he kill someone without any reason anyways?

"I'll give you what you want but don't kill them." Haechan said, looking at his hyungs in the back

The guy shook his head, walking towards one of the guy standing in the corner. "Bring the girl."

"What girl?" Jaemin whispers 

Chenle shook his head. "I don't know."

"I'll give you two options, which one would you like to save. Your hyungs or,"

The other guy brought the girl inside the room. She's wearing a school uniform, their school uniform. They all immediately recognized the girl, it's Kim Hyewon.

"Save her." The guy smirked again, now grabbing his gun, loading it

"You little fucker, how dare you!" 

Haechan was about to run towards him but the rest of the dreamies hold him back, not wanting him to do any careless move. He turned his head towards th girl, her eyes are red as if she just cried. She's terrified for sure.

"Choose wisely, the time's ticking."

"How did you know about her?" Renjun asks

The guy smiled. "I know everything. Now come on, choose."

Haechan wanted to save his hyungs, but if Hyewon dies he'll go back in time again. He didn't want that to happen, but he can't let his hyungs die either.

"You're taking way too long, I guess I'm just going to kill this girl instead. Too bad, she's very pretty." 

"Wait no!"

"Goodbye pretty girl."

He pulled the trigger. Haechan managed to shot the guy.

He was about to sigh in relief when suddenly he realized that the guy had already shot her. Jisung ran towards the last guy, stabbing him on his lower stomach before shooting his head, making sure that he's dead. 

Haechan caught Hyewon right before when she was about to collapse on the ground. Her tears began to fall as she looked at him in agony. "No, don't die please."

Hyewon smiled. "D-don't worry, it's not your fault. Good job, you managed to save your hyungs."

Haechan shook his head, applying pressure to her wound. "Don't say that, you're not going to die."

Hyewon flashed him a smile again before closing her eyes, letting out her last and final breath. Haechan then felt his ears ring, just like that day when she died for the first time.

Haechan closed his eyes, and when he opened them again he was back on his bed. He sat up immediately, looking at the clock. It's Agusust 21st, 1.27 am again. He groaned, lying back down on his bed. 

He failed, again.

well, alright then

well, alright then