6. Rest in Peace, Junglebook

Jungkook had a plan.

A plan that he didn't tell anyone and came up with just ten minutes ago.

He knew that his Hyungs weren't gonna allow it but he wanted to prove them wrong that she wasn't any of the theories they believed.

He thought that she was just someone who was misunderstood and had a bad reputation. Maybe that's why she talked to Yoongi with ease.

In the past, Jungkook spoke to Yoongi since they shared classes. He tried to talk to him; he was typically nice with a dry sense of humor. But he figured that Yoongi enjoyed being secluded most of the time so he didn't budge any further. Sad...he could have been a good addition to his group of friends.

But with Mina, he wanted to keep going despite her pushing away. She was the play hard to get type, something that Jungkook experienced before. He thought that she only had a hard bubbly exterior to cover up the sadness and loneliness she's actually going through. She needed someone.

He was that someone.

He wanted to learn more about her. He wanted to find ways to make her break down in his arms so that he could comfort her.

What better way to do that by sneaking into her home when she's gone.

He reassured himself that it'll work. His plans never failed.

In his mind.

It was the afternoon and Jungkook stayed in Jimin's apartment while the other two napped. Jimin laid on the couch while Namjoon accidentally fell asleep on the kitchen island. He made sure they were asleep so that he could leave without them knowing.

Then he heard the door open. He squinted through the peephole to find Mina leaving her apartment. He observed her behavior.

She glanced on each side of her before touching her necklaces and leaving the premises with her bag. It was weird but Jungkook didn't bother to think about it any further.

After a minute or so, Jungkook sneaked out of the apartment. He checked his surroundings to find no entity in the hallway. He crouched down so that his eyes met with the doorknob. He pulled a bobby pin from his pocket and picked the lock.

He knew this from the courtesy of his uncle.

He struggled a bit until he heard a 'click.'

He unlocked her door.

Searching his surroundings once more, he quickly pushed himself in and closed the door behind. He was in her apartment.

-

Mina walked through the streets of the city as she needed some things for her recipe. She arrived at the park to collect some grass and stashed them in an empty glass jar. She also decided to collect a few leaves just in case. She hasn't been here for a long time but she was already used to the lifestyle that she had to face.

It was difficult at first since she was by herself but she felt like this was an opportunity to prove her independence and worth to those she loved. They reminded her that she was still young and needed to learn and practice her skills, but they did it in a condescending way that made her feel like a baby. Obviously, she fought back and pleaded with them to let her live here on her own.

So far, so good, right?

There were people that interrupted her lifestyle and plan but fortunately, she avoided them as much as possible to avoid any unnecessary challenges. She liked it that way.

While collecting some nature in her bag, her phone rang.

-

Jungkook walked around her apartment. Everything was organized as best as it could. She had a living room with a light grey couch facing her coffee table and flat-screen TV. Her kitchen was pristine, almost as if she hasn't used it yet.