42. Rise of the New

Vitalum Vitalis is the ability to balance the scales between life and death. The wonder can be used to drain an individual's life force to restore another's health or to cure any injuries and disease.

It can also bring back the dead.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A witch is born with a few natural gifts. But the Supreme embodies countless gifts, possibly even all of them.

The Supreme causes the atmosphere to vibrate in their power. Every warlock and witch will know who the Supreme is.

Legend says the Supreme glows radiant health, possessing an immunity to all pre-existing ailments and diseases, and displays their extraordinary beauty like no other.

A witch who inherits supremacy, obtains a vastly great boost in their magical powers, receiving the ability to perform any spell or Wonder far more advanced than the average witch.

There has never been a Supreme in Wennale.

Until now.

Unless this bitch wakes up.

Wake up!

Amethyst shockingly opened her eyes as she gasped awake.

She shot her torso up and hastily checked her surroundings. The setting was familiar yet unfamiliar at the same time. She was alone, it was peaceful. The sunshine leaked through the window. She then realized she was back in her bedroom on Earth.

Everything was the way she left it when she went back to Wennale. Laundry still needs to be done, scattered books in the corner, and a picture of her and Jungkook sat on the bed stand that she didn't even know she had.

She noticed that she was washed and cleaned with a fresh set of ivory silky nightgown.

She recalled she had purple and red stains of bruising on her arms while yellow hues imprinted her thighs. She raised her limbs to see it as a blank canvas. She pulled the covers off of her and saw her legs free of any injuries.

Her body was relieved from any stress or harm. She was level-headed, relaxed, and calm. She hasn't felt this good in a long time.

It freaked her out. She was not used to having no chill.

She didn't know how she got here or why she was back on Earth.

The last things she remembered was Nemo went down to hell, she required Satanic Calling, and—

Jungkook.

She remembered that he died in her arms, how cold he felt, how she couldn't save him.

The horrific memory made her eyes glisten, unable to move on...at least not yet.

Her ears twitched when she heard the doorknob opening. Once the door opened, she was in awe.

Were her pupils deceiving her? Was she going crazy? What the actual fuck?

She couldn't believe that the human she fell head over heels for was alive and well. He was talking on the phone with one hand and holding a plate of Eggos in the other.

His head was down, looking at the plate while he was on call. He didn't realize that the witch was awake. "Hyung, I told you I'm fine. I have one class this semester and the rest is internship." He closed the door behind him.