18. The Loner's Solo

Amethyst learned Concilium, the ability to bend the will of another individual and force them to do exactly whatever the user desires. The witch would be complete utter joy when she acquired the wonder, but it wasn't the case.

In fact, it terrified her. She didn't think it would come in such an extreme way.

When she asked her father, her best friend, and Taehyung on how they got Concilium, they simply responded that they were capable of controlling an individual's limbs and behavior.

Her best friend threw a bully into the woods, her father forced an attacker to stab themselves, and Taehyung compelled many witches into calling him 'Daddy' (they ended up calling him that willingly at the end). She had no other information on it being able to execute a set of renegade trolls.

She unfroze time and the world resumed as it was.

In no way, Amethyst and the humans went back to her apartment. It was currently dangerous and they didn't know what could happen.

They fled to Halmeoni Min's house, believing it was the safest space for now. Yoongi opened the door and greeted them with concerned eyes. He saw the blood splatters and grime on them. He called his grandmother before inviting them inside.

Halmeoni gave them towels as they washed up while Yoongi lent them his extra clothes. Once they were clean and covered in all black attire, a part of Ami who wore his oversized plaid shirt as a dress, they sat down in the living room.

The witch requested Taehyung to come to the house. He astral traveled through Wennale and within minutes, her guardian was there with open arms.

Amethyst explained the overall incident with the trolls. She decided not to let out her situation with her powers but told them that she learned a new Wonder. It's not like they understood what she was going through.

She wasn't traumatized by it, oh no, she wanted those trolls dead. But the great force of the Wonder didn't settle right with her.

"I knew I felt magic being used." Halmeoni spoke softly. "I have the ability to act like a witchcraft radar."

"Are you hurt in any way?" Taehyung took her into his arms.

Amethyst sensed Jungkook's jealously as the player glared at her guardian, but she only rolled her eyes, keeping silent.

"I am not hurt. They did not even touch me." She smiled shyly. "I mean I did develop a gift and killed renegade trolls so I am actually proud."

"Concilium is an almighty skill." The guardian stated. "Like they say, the sharper the mind, the more effort it takes to control, but a witch skilled in Concilium can break any mind."

"Although, it does seem quite intensive for her age..." Halmeoni thought out loud. "Dear, was there anything odd with your living space? Did you sense any danger with your necklace or sense that they were coming?"

The young witch shook her head, "Nothing. My necklace did not detect any disturbance coming my way. But trolls are immune to magic."

"But they aren't immune to powers," Taehyung replied as he stood up. "Same goes for these protectant necklaces. I'll check your apartment and see what happened. I'll be back." Taehyung evaporated right before them.

The traumatized humans were exhausted and were in need of some rest. All that screaming worn them out. They were in and mostly out of the conversation.

"Ami, are you okay?" Yoongi asked. "All of what's happening? How do you feel?"

His questions threw her off. She did notice the worry in his eyes, indicating the genuineness. But yet, she still didn't want to alarm anyone.

"I am perfectly fine." She nodded, half-lying. "But can I just try something?"

"What?" Yoongi raised a brow.

She stared intently at the loner, just making sure if she's able to do the basics of the Wonder.

"What are y—HEY!" Yoongi couldn't finish his question as she unexpectedly made him dance. He crouched down with and rested his hands on his knees, sticking his butt out. He threw it back like he needed to pay off this month's rent.

The others watched, laughing at what the young witch was doing to him.

"Never seen Yoongi Hyung so active before." Jungkook laughed like Elmo.

He couldn't control his body except for his mouth to which he cursed colorful vocabulary. She made him stop, and he gained back authority of his stature.

"You witch bitch..." The poor loner grumbled.

"I wanted to make sure. Thank you." She laughed, which only lightened up his mood. At least she was okay, that's what mattered. He smiled back, exposing his gums.

Taehyung reappeared again, look agitated as he paced around the living room. Everyone exchanged their concerns before Ami spoke.

"Taehyung, what's wrong?"

"I went back to your apartment and it seems that they opened a portal in your study room. It came from the outskirts of Wennale, close to Tricadoor, where the trolls live." The guardian informed as he sat down to ease his anxiety. "It felt dark, the portal gave off a sinister vibe before I closed it. I had to inform your father."

Her eyes widened, "F-father? Why?"

"Amethyst, you could have been killed. I had to tell him." He explained. "I didn't know what's happening myself."

"Buttercup, Taehyung's just looking out for your safety." Jungkook agreed.

The young witch sighed, "What did he say?"

"He believed that those trolls allied with the goblins in retrieving the Welic Wand in return of something." He said. "The trolls probably had a locator and led their way on Earth. But either way, they found you."

Amethyst's heart dropped and fear coursed through her veins. It was only a matter of time until the goblins would catch her.

"Do you mean to tell us that they're coming after her?" Jimin asked and Taehyung sadly nodded.

"Taehyung, what do you suggest we do?" She gulped.

"You can't go back to your apartment now. It seems that it's impossible to keep you in hiding if the goblins will eventually find you here on Earth." The guardian frowned.

Taehyung stood up and said, "Your father doesn't want them coming to Earth and disrupting the humans. He quoted that 'Humans already have it bad. We can't have them in our mess."

"That is a very 'my father' answer." She shrugged. "Then what are you saying?"

Taehyung laid his eyes on her. He only blinked once at her and she already knew what he was gonna say.

"You must come back to Wennale."

~

Now this is where it gets better >:-)

Ahhh (08/31/20) I just started my orientation for my grad school...terrifying