First Date

"Pleeeaaassseeee?" Eliza gives her sister puppy dog eyes.

"No." Angelica keeps her eyes focused on her book. Eliza groans at this.

"Why not?" Eliza crosses her arms, irritated with her older sister.

Angelica shakes her head. "I'm not going to the mall today, Eliza. You can go by yourself...or just take Peggy with you, for God's sake."

"Come on! Please? For me?" Eliza whines to her sister. "It's my first date! Peggy won't know what to do. I need help with, like, everything!"

Angelica rolls her eyes, not yet catching onto what her sister said. "You can manage on your own, Eliza...I've seen you—wait, did you just say first date?!"

Eliza huffs. "I've been telling you about this for a week now! Yes, I'm going on my first date tonight."

"You're telling me you're going on your first date with Alexander tonight?!" Angelica exclaims before wrapping her sister in a tight hug. "Yay! I'm so glad you two hit it off! I knew it from the day I introduced him to you!"

Eliza chuckles a little and pats her sister on the back before Angelica throws her book to the side, not even caring to mark her page. She jumps up and fetches her wallet from beside her and grabs her sister's hand in hers. Eliza lets out a sound of surprise as Angelica drags her down the stairs.

"Angie! Wait! I'm gonna trip!" Eliza yells at her sister wide-eyed as the two almost tumble down the long staircase. I hate being rich, she thinks to herself, a silly thought, she knows. Thanks to her sister.

Angelica continues to tug her sister along as they run into the living room, and only then does Angelica let go of Eliza's hand, the two out of breath. Eliza holds onto the wall to steady herself, dizzy from all the running.

Angelica grabs her pink flats and slips them on her feet. "Eliza and I are going to the mall. We'll be back in a little bit," she announces to her parents, who are both looking at something on the tv, their eyes meeting Angelica's when she speaks.

"Be safe," Philip Schuyler says, his wife Catherine nodding in agreement with him.

Angelica looks to her sister, raising her eyebrows impatiently. "Hurry up, slowpoke! Put your shoes on. I'll be outside."

Eliza shakes her head as Angelica slides past her and out the front door before looking back at her parents. "We'll be safe." She then turns and grabs her sandals, tying them on and then running out the front door and into the passenger seat of Angelica's car.

Angelica bombards her sister with questions the whole ride there, greatly irritating Eliza after a while.

"Have you guys kissed yet?" Angelica asks among her many questions.

"What?! No! This is literally our first date!" she spits out in response, now flustered by her question.

Angelica shrugs. "Eh. Figured I'd ask anyway. Does he have any siblings? A sister? Brother? Are they nice? Mean?"

"Angelica."

"Have you met his parents yet?"

"Angelica!"

"His grandparents?"

"ANGELICA!" Eliza yells, exasperated.

"What?" she asks somewhat innocently.

"Chill out! It's our first date! You and I literally just met him two weeks ago. Let me get to know him better tonight first."

Angelica sighs. "Fine, fine. I'm just curious."