The Singer

Loud chatter, booming music, and drunken laughter fill the air of the bar as Hamilton, Mulligan, Lafayette, and Laurens all stumble inside, already somewhat tipsy from loosening up at a party earlier that night. Coming to bars is a pretty frequent occasion for the four men when they have nothing better to do on a Friday night, being as they're all single and crazy men who don't have anything super important going on in their lives.

Alexander spots a familiar person sitting by himself and taking a sip of alcohol. "Well, if it isn't Aaron Burr!" he exclaims loudly, hobbling over to the man.

"Sir," Burr greets with a forced smile. "A surprise to see you here."

"The same could go for you, Burr," Laurens chimes in, slinging an arm around Burr's shoulders. "You're not one to drink!"

Burr huffs a laugh, pushing Laurens's hand off of him. "Well, if you go off believing that, it seems as though you don't know me at all."

As Mulligan, Laurens, and Lafayette all continue to annoy and irritate Burr as he tries to get away from them, Alex drifts off from their conversations as his eyes fall onto a woman who has walked into the place. She has chocolate brown hair, which is curled at its ends, her brown eyes matching her hair. She wears a black shirt and dark green pants, the ends of her sleeves and bottom of her shirt slightly frilled. She walks with such dignity and grace, her heels clicking on the floor.

Alexander feels his jaw drop a little. She's the most beautiful woman he's ever seen in her life. He watches as she makes her way up to the stage area, her name lighting up behind her on the little screen set up.

Elizabeth Schuyler.

Schuyler. Alexander recognizes that last name. She must be one of Philip Schuyler's children. Philip Schuyler is a very well known rich man in this town, spoken about by many who know of him or wish for his wealth.

Alex watches as the lights dim, and he decides to pull out a chair, sitting down and watching Elizabeth take a small sip of her water. The chattering does not stop even when the first notes of the song "Supermarket Flowers" by Ed Sheeran ring out throughout the bar, which makes Alex a little upset that people are not fully listening. How could your attention not be drawn to this woman? She has quite an aura. An aura that just draws you towards her. Or perhaps it's just Alexander who feels drawn to her. Perhaps it's just Alexander who feels this way.

This feeling of being drawn to her only grows when her voice sounds out through the microphone, and he gawks at her. It sounds heavenly to Alex. She really does sound like an angel.

Laurens and Lafayette are talking when Laurens looks at Alex seated in his chair. A wide smirk grows across his face as he nudges both Mulligan and Lafayette. "Look!" Laurens whispers, laughing a little. "He looks like a helpless puppy."

Aaron Burr overhears their chitchat and takes a glance at Alexander, smiling a little to himself at the sight. 'Man, I don't like the guy whatsoever, but he really does look like a helpless puppy,' he thinks.

Alex pays no mind to his friends whisper cackling nearby. His attention is fully on Elizabeth Schuyler, who is looking out at the little audience as she sings with such beauty. Her eyes land on Alexander, and he smiles at her. She grins back at him for a moment before glancing around the room once more as she proceeds to sing, her hands grasped around the microphone in front of her.

"You were an angel in the shape of my mum," she sings. She's like the exact definition of sublime.

Alex gazes at her with such admiration that he doesn't even seem to notice when the song ends not too long after. Amongst the rest of the clapping, he decides to whistle a little as he claps, grinning. Elizabeth catches his eye once more, her face lighting up a bit at his reaction. As she steps away from the microphone to gather her things and possibly get a small drink before leaving, Alex's confidence is high and strong. It likely wouldn't be as strong if he hadn't consumed alcohol earlier.