"I'm here."

The sound of howling and whistling wind fills Eliza's ears as she opens her eyes. She blinks for a moment before looking up, the sky cloudy and dark, no pretty blue color in sight. The extreme wind blows her hair, which is in a low ponytail, and pink summer dress rapidly. Eliza looks down at the ground, seeing that she's on some big hill filled with green grass, though the gloomy sky makes it look many shades darker. She glances around, confused, as if she's in a daze.

Where am I? she thinks to herself, furrowing her eyebrows. She's never seen a hill so deserted before, with hardly any trees and nothing but nature and large meadows in sight.

Turning to look in front of her, Eliza slowly steps up the narrow hill she's been standing on, her now extremely flappy dress not helping her movements. Her black flats crush the grass below her with every step, but Eliza's focus is on what's ahead. She continues to make her way up the hill despite feeling cold and confused, unsure of where she is and why she's here. She can't remember how she got here or where Alexander—or anyone, for that matter—is.

Suddenly, Eliza feels small drops of rain smack onto her skin, starting as a little sprinkle, which picks up into a drizzle as Eliza reaches the top of the hill. Her feet almost give out from beneath her from having walked through such insane wind, but she manages to keep herself up on her two feet. As the rain begins to pick up into a downpour, Eliza hears loud thunder rumble in the distance, along with a little flash of lightning. She looks around quickly for shelter, the only place being a tree a few feet in front of her. Not caring about how dangerous it is to hide beneath a tree during a thunderstorm, Eliza runs over to the tree and stands under it, relieved to get out of the pouring rain.

That doesn't make her fully satisfied though, still confused as to where she is. Eliza slides down onto the ground and looks at her hand, bringing her right hand up to touch her wedding ring on her finger. Suddenly, a loud yelling sound rings out from behind her, and Eliza quickly jumps to her feet, looking behind the tree she's been leaning against.

She spots Alexander standing thirty feet or so away from her, his back to her, though she knows it's him from the black jacket he's wearing, his posture, and his ever so familiar silky, orange hair. Eliza's eyes then lock on someone standing across from him, several feet away from him. His eyes are fixated on Alexander, intense and filled with hatred. Alex puts his hands up, seemingly...surrendering...to this man Eliza's never seen before.

Her eyes go wide when she sees the man swiftly pull a gun out from his pocket and aim at Alexander for maybe a second before he pulls the trigger. Eliza lets out a shout of alarm as she watches Alexander get shot, then gasps loudly out of horror when her husband collapses to the ground. She sprints towards him as the other man simply turns around and walks away through the downpour.

Eliza skids to a halt and falls to her knees beside Alexander, letting his head lay on her lap. She's confused, but tears spring to her eyes as she looks down at him, his pained face hurting her heart. He breathes hard, holding onto his stomach and over his wound with both hands, his eyes staring at his hands. The sky lights up his face from lightning as he lies down on the ground in pain.

"Alexander!" Eliza yells, a tear rolling down her cheek. "I'm here! Oh my God...who...wh-what..." She trails off, her breathing unsteady, panicking. She covers her mouth with one hand, the other hand resting on top of her husband's head.

Alex shuts his eyes for a moment before he opens them, locking his eyes on his wife's. "Eliza?" he asks in a throaty and hoarse voice.

Eliza allows more tears to fall. "I'm here, Alex! I'm gonna get you help, just stay awake for me. I'm gonna get you help...oh my God..." she chokes out, not wanting to believe what's playing out in front of her.