"Will you dance with me?"

Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy all hop out of Angelica's car with excited giggles. Tonight is homecoming, and because all three girls are single and without a lover at the moment, they all decided just to go together as a trio. Their father, Philip Schuyler, begged them to not be reckless, and they all promised him they'd be well-behaved and wouldn't get crazy.

Of course, that's not a promise. Do you really think teenagers on a Friday night at homecoming are going to be on their best behavior and not act like a bunch of children?

"Eliza, look!" Peggy says quite loudly, grabbing her sister's shoulder with one hand and using her other hand to point at Alexander Hamilton, who is entering the building with his little group of friends. "There's your man!"

Eliza clamps a hand over Peggy's mouth. "Shut up!" she yells, her face going beet red from embarrassment. "You can't just say that out loud! What if someone else hears you?"

"So what if they do?" Angelica shrugs her shoulders. "Either today or never. Just shoot your shot already."

"Easy for you to say! You don't have a crush," Eliza points out. "Just forget about it. Let's go inside."

Peggy licks Eliza's hand, and Eliza squeals in disgust, immediately pulling her hand away from her mouth. She walks ahead of her two sisters a little irritably now. Peggy and Angelica take one look at one another and burst out laughing from their sister being so defensive. Eliza hears the two snickering loudly and she rolls her eyes, stepping into the building to get away from them. Who knew sisters could be so annoying?

The flashing lights and lit up wall from the led lights mixes with the constant chatter and loud music around the room. It's quite a scene, teenagers laughing, taking pictures, and twirling all over the room. Eliza feels a little lonely, wishing that she'd just accepted one of the invites from the other guys she's refused, but the only one who she really wanted to be here with is Alexander.

Meanwhile, Alexander and Lafayette cackle as they watch how awkward Laurens and Mulligan are trying to freestyle dance.

"I've never seen someone dance so terribly," Alex laughs.

Lafayette huffs as he spots a familiar figure standing by herself by the entryway. He nudges Alex in the shoulder. "Check it out, it's Elizabeth Schuyler. Her sisters are probably with her."

Right as he says that, Peggy and Angelica stumble in through the door, giggling like children.

"I know who they are," Alex says. "What about them?"

"You should dance with one of them! They're, like, the prettiest girls here."

Alex grimaces as he watches a girl snort loudly and spill water all over her head not too far away from him. "Yeah, I second that statement..." He shakes his head. "But I don't think they'd let me dance with any of them."

Lafayette laughs at that. "Why do you say that?"

He shrugs. "Take one look at me and then another look at them. There's your answer. They've got it all and I'm just a poor boy from the Caribbean." And with that, he walks off towards Mulligan and Laurens, who have stopped dancing and are chuckling at something. Probably some dumb joke.

Lafayette rolls his eyes at his friend's incompetence.

***

It's not long that, after chatting forever with a bunch of friends, Eliza's standing by herself beside the silver bleachers, watching everyone dance all around her. She eyes both of her sisters, as Peggy is talking happily with a boy named Stephan and Angelica is chatting and laughing with a guy named John. What ever happened to them coming here as a trio?