"Those blue nails of yours!"

Crackling from the fireplace mixed with cheery, Christmas tunes playing from the kitchen sounds exactly like Heaven to Eliza. She's sitting on the sofa in the living room this Tuesday night, letting her freshly painted blue nails dry, blowing on them every so often to speed up the process. There's Christmas decorations all around, lighting up the apartment and creating a very cozy vibe to the place.

Alexander is sitting beside his wife, impatiently waiting for her nails to dry so he can cuddle up with her. He's been staring at her long, brown hair and light blue sweater for what feels like forever. Truthfully, it's been like this for about ten minutes now, but he's growing more and more impatient by every second.

"How long are you gonna be sitting here waiting for those dumb nails to dry?" he asks, slightly whining to show he's upset. "Why do you even need to paint them anyway?"

Eliza laughs at his impatience. "Patience, love. Patience," she tells him, wagging her one finger and grinning at the same time.

Alex blows a raspberry. "I'm not one for patience."

"I can tell." Eliza giggles when Alex throws her a mock-insulted look. "Go ahead, tell me I'm wrong."

Alexander stays quiet, knowing she's right, earning a laugh from Eliza. His heel is bouncing, not knowing what else to do as he sits around and waits for her nails to dry. He grabs the remote beside him and clicks on the t.v., finding that Frosty the Snowman is on—just starting, actually. Knowing how much Eliza loves this movie, he turns the volume up to get her attention, as she's busy looking down at her nails and blowing on them.

Eliza gapes when she hears the familiar lines, and she looks up and away from her nails. Alex smiles to himself when he sees her face light up.

"I love this movie," she hums happily, turning to look at him. "Can't we just sit here and watch it until it's over?"

"Only if you cuddle with me. Or I'll turn it off." He smirks.

Eliza gives him a sad look. "My nails need to dry first though!"

He raises his eyebrows at her response. "For ten minutes?"

"Yes!" Her sad look is accompanied by her sticking her bottom lip out, giving him puppy dog eyes. "Leave it on for me? I promise I'll cuddle with you when my nails are dry."

One of Alexander's greatest weaknesses has always been Eliza, as in the end, he'll do anything for her. He sighs loudly, giving her a pouting look. "Fiiiinneee."

Eliza grins. "You need to learn to be more patient, babe." She suddenly sits up. "Do you want anything from the kitchen while I'm out there? I'm getting some wine."

"Grab me a glass too?" he asks her.

"Sure." She stands up and makes her way out into the kitchen. Once the wall is covering her, she lets out a small, quiet giggle. She's been teasing Alex this whole time, wanting to see his reaction. Her nails have been dry for a while now, but she's decided that playing around with him would be amusing, and boy, is she right.

She quickly pours some wine into two glasses for herself and her husband before walking back into the living room. Alex is leaning his head back against the sofa, eyes closed, annoyed that he can't cuddle with her. Eliza sets his glass down in front of him on the coffee table before taking a sip from her glass and placing it on the table as well, beside his.

"Can I ask you a question?" Alex says, his eyes still closed.

Eliza turns to look at him. "What's up?"

"How did you pour us wine if your nails are trying to dry?"

Eliza's face turns red, not knowing how to respond to that. Alex smirks after a few moments of silence, letting out a satisfied hum. "I knew it," he chuckles, grabbing his glass and sipping out of it.

"Knew what?" Eliza tries to get the blush off her face.

He opens his eyes to look at her, a smirk still on his face, as he sets his glass down on the table. "That your nails have been dry this whole time."

Eliza's quiet for a moment, trying to keep a serious face, but she can feel it breaking as she stares at his smirk. Her smile begins to show, and then she suddenly bursts out laughing. "Dang it! I was trying to see how long it would take you to notice," she says through hysterical laughter.

Alex reaches over and begins tickling her mercilessly, causing her to shout and laugh even harder. "Those blue nails of yours! I knew you were lying, you faker!" he playfully shouts as he tickles her in her most ticklish spots, mainly her neck. He grins at the sight of her squirming and laughing.

"Alex—Alex!" she cackles, swatting at him to make him stop. There's tears running down her cheeks from laughing so hard, and her face is turning a bright shade of red.

Alex only stops tickling her once his arms start to get tired, and Eliza breathes out loudly as she tries to catch her breath, her face awfully flushed from all the laughter. Alex has a smug look on his face, proud of himself, as he leans back into the gray cushions. He has his right arm on the back of the sofa, creating an open spot beside him for Eliza.

"Cuddle with me now?" he asks her, grinning.

Eliza giggles. "You win."

She slides to the left on the sofa and up against her husband, with him instantly moving his right arm down to pull her closer into his side. She snuggles up close to him, leaning her head onto his chest, sighing contently from the heat coming off his body. Eliza's happy like this, cuddling with her loving husband while watching one of her favorite Christmas movies. She's comfortable on this cold, Tuesday night, and would do anything to stay like this forever.