Chapter 17

The dreaded ominous week is here.Everything seems a bit off.The environment,the air,the feelings,everything is different.Everything is giving a bad and scary vibe.

A day feels like a year.A lot of spirits attacked Jihee and Jihoon.Sora and Taehyung managed to get rid of them.Taehyung was in pain the whole day.Looked like his whole body hurts.Taehyung tried to hide it from Sora but Sora noticed it anyway.Whatever Hyukjae was saying about Taehyung's wings,back,head and eyes hurting,he was right.Sora didn't know how to deal with them.She wishes she knew.

Finally evening came.The time after the sunset was more dangerous.Taehyung told Sora to close every window and door of the house and to make sure no one opens them.That way devils won't be able to enter.She was asked to stay near Jihee and Jihoon to protect them from spirits.Taehyung would stay in the roof and deal with the devils.Taehyung's condition was getting worse after sunset.But Taehyung didn't listen to her when she stopped him from going to the roof.

Sora was walking up and down in Jihee's room.She was scared and she could hear fighting and shouts from the roof the whole evening.Looks like a lot of devils are attacking.Sora doesn't know how long Taehyung would be able to fight with them in this pained condition.What if he gets injured?Sora was so scared about it.This time Sora was actually more scared about Taehyung then Jihee and Jihoon.

Devils kept coming the whole evening.Spirits didn't attack a lot somehow,so Sora didn't have much to do.She just had to look after the twins and they were doing fine.

But after both of twins were asleep,Sora didn't have anything to do or think about.She was just getting more and more scared about Taehyung.She stayed downstairs for some time even after Jihee and Jihoon were sleeping.But after sometime she just couldn't take it anymore.She had to check up on Taehyung.

So even though Taehyung strictly forbade her to come upstairs,she did.From outside she could hear small groans of Taehyung.Her heart hurt.He must be in so much pain.

She slowly opened the door of the roof and entered.There were no devils to be seen.Taehyung was sitting in the middle of the roof.He was back facing her.The back of his shirt had splatters of blood in it.He was groaning from internal pain.He turned around when he heard the sound of the door.Sora's heart hurt again after seeing his pained expression.And one thing shocked her.When he turned around for a split second his grayish blue eyes turned purple.It was a bit shocking.Then his eyes turned back to his real eye colors again.His hair was disheveled.Everything was a huge mess.

When he saw Sora he tried to hide his pain again.He tried to have a normal expression,"I thought I told you to not come up no matter what."

Sora didn't listen to him.She stepped forward.

"Sora-yah,don't come closer.I'm not in my right mind.I don't know what I might do to you,"Taehyung said.

Sora stepped closer again.

While she was stepping closer Taehyung suddenly felt the pain increase again.His eyes and back were hurting so bad and Sora saw his eyes turn purple again.It was not an usual scenery.She doesn't know what's causing them.She doesn't know what's causing him this pain.

Taehyung let out a pained scream.That sounded scary.Taehyung somehow looked at Sora with his purple eyes.He wanted to see her reaction.She is definitely going to be scared now.He told her not to come up here.He didn't want to scare her.He knows he looks really scary right now.He looks like a literal monster.

Sora was frozen in her spot.Taehyung knew she was scared.He wanted to tell her to leave but couldn't because everything was hurting so much that he couldn't talk.

Sora was looking at him.Her expression was changing.She was supposed to look scared.But she doesn't look scared.She looks.....sad?

Taehyung was confused as to why she was sad.The next thing she did shocked him more.She ran towards him,sat down beside him and hugged him tightly.It was a tight hug but it was reassuring.As if she was telling him everything is going to be okay.A wave of peace suddenly ran through Taehyung's body.